Share |

Cottage cheese noodles and kielbasa


Autumn is upon us and that means comfort food... lots and lots of it. There is something about it getting dark early and the leaves changing that makes me want to chow even more then normal... and that's a lot, just ask my coworkers, they constantly make fun of me for it :)

The cool weather has also gotten me itching to go shooting, as in bow and arrow. It's been awhile since I've been out to shoot and after reading a bow hunting article in the paper this past weekend... I've got the itch to go!! It's funny I almost started wanting to train to start bow hunting... but who are we kidding I see a cute little raccoon on the side of the road smooshed and I get teary eyed... no way I could actually aim and shoot something living!! Maybe I'm just craving the woods, the smells, the sounds... yeah I need to get out into the woods this weekend... and maybe I'll bring my bow and target for a little fun.

Anyway I digress you people want recipes so here is a perfect fall dinner near and dear to my heart.

Cottage cheese noodles and kielbasa
4 cups dry whole wheat egg noodles
1/2 cup - 1 cup low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese
1 tsp unsalted butter (optional)
1/2 package turkey kielbasa (or whatever kind you prefer)

Cook egg noodles according to direction, strain and set aside.
Cut kielbasa into little round circles, pan fry until a little crispy. There should be some rendered fat left in the pan, (you can use this to grease the noodles or add a little butter to the pan).
Add noodles and toss to coat with butter. Add cottage cheese and stir around to warm it. Don't do this too long or the cheese with get stringy.. bleh. Remove from heat and serve.

Chow!

5 chews:

Wendy said...

mmm i love me some kielbasa!

stephchows said...

that totally sounded dirty... and i know you didn't mean it that way! heheheheheehe :D

Meg said...

I have heard of cottage cheese noodles, but have never tried them. Looks yummy!

stephchows said...

that totally sounded dirty... and i know you didn't mean it that way! heheheheheehe :D

Wendy said...

mmm i love me some kielbasa!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.