Share |

Spaghetti Squash Muffins


This past weekend I made this super tasty squash, peanut, mushroom spring rolls... *so where's the recipe??* well I have the recipe right here... but you see the nice picture I took with John's camera... yeah it's still sitting in John's camera over at his house... so you'll have to wait for that one... but let me just tell you.. YUM!!!!

Anyway after making said spring rolls, I had a bunch of spaghetti squash left over. This was the first time I've ever made spaghetti squash and I had no clue what else to do with the leftovers... to the internet I go! I found this great recipe on Cooking Light. These things were super tasty (even though John refuses to try one since it has *gasp* vegetables in it) I then pointed out he loves the pumpkin muffins I make... he had no response to this... hehehe

So once I post the spring rolls, make those then with the extra squash make these! yum!

Spaghetti Squash Muffins
Ingredients
* Cooking spray
* 2.5 Tbs splenda blend
* 2 Tbs packed splenda brown sugar
* 1/4 cup stick margarine or butter, softened
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 2 tablespoons skim milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 large egg
* 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup chopped cooked spaghetti squash
Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°.

Place 12 cupcake holders into a muffin pan.

Beat sugars, margarine, ginger, and cinnamon at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Stir in milk, vanilla, and egg; beat at low speed of mixer until well-blended. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in sugar mixture and squash. Spoon into prepared muffin pan, spreading evenly.

Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Chow!

4 chews:

Meg said...

Brilliant! I would have never thought to put spaghetti squash in muffins!

I seriously thought there was pasta in these. Doh!

Charklassen said...

What's your take on Splenda?  I'm of the opinion that it's more healthy to just eat raw sugar or use honey.  I'm curious what you think since you seem to be pursuing healthy food.  I'm going to try and switch out the spenda for the real thing.

Hi and welcome! I actually did a post about my thoughts on splenda a few years ago, you can find it here: http://stephchows.blogspot.com/2008/11/splenda-my-thoughts-and-yours.html I put sugar conversions on most of my recipes now but since this one is older it doesn't have it. In the case of this recipe you can easily sub raw sugar in just use:
2.5 Tbs splenda blend = 1/4 cup + 1Tbs raw sugar
2 Tbs packed splenda brown sugar = 1/4 cup raw sugar

Hope you enjoy them!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.