Share |

Get your shrimp on

Summer finally got here in upstate NY... I must say I was rather enjoying the long days of weather in the 70's... now it's hot and extra humid BLEH. The last thing I want to do it turn the oven on. I made this one up before I had my new grill (more on that to come!). I used the george forman to grill the shrimp... they came out ok... but really nothing great. I bet on the grill this would be over the top good!


Lettuce, tomato, feta, cucumbers, and a little of my creamy balsamic dressing. I grilled the shrimp with a little olive oil and seasoned them simply with sea salt and pepper.

What is your go to no oven required meal?

19 chews:

Sarah Glova said...

I loved our George Forman in college... throw on a frozen chicken breast, and expect dinner in 7-9 minutes!! But I've found that, now that's I'm trying to actually cook, the 'ol GF isn't a great help. It'll burn a marinade and over cook anything sliced to thin... but on a hot day (and it's been HOT here in NC!), the GF is right there to grill up a chicken breast for a salad topper. Oven-free meals are a great idea; can't wait to hear more about that grill!

Anonymous said...

Shrimp sounds wonderful on a grill! When it's hot like now, simple preparations and light meals are the best!

Jennifer said...

What a lovely salad!!! I tell you, Im ready for COOL weather. Unfortunatly its pretty much alwayus hot and humid here, so I still turn the oven on! thank goodness for a/c! I love grilling out, kebabs are fantastic on the grill or throw some foil packs of potatoes, etc on the outside grill.

JenSnow said...

These look super yummy. My favorite no-oven-required meal is gazpacho. Throw some really good tomatoes and cucumbers in a blender with some balsamic, a slice of bread, and spices and you’ve got one yummy summer meal :)

Beautiful looking salad! Unfortunately my tongue and lips swell to monumental proportions when I eat shellfish of any type. (Now you know why you never see any seafood recipes on my blog)

Summer and salads just go together. I could live on big ugly Jersey beefsteak tomatoes. Alone or on bread. They are so meaty that they make a wonderful sandwich. Or sliced with some fresh mozzarella drizzled with a little good balsamic vinegar. Delicious.

Sunshine said...

Throw some chicken on mine and I'm right there with you. This looks great!

Nothing this gorgeous! Usually caesar salad with grilled chicken tossed on top... or some sort of sandwich.

Wow, your photos look amazing! Keep up the good work.

I couldn't agree more with you, Steph, totally missing those lovely, dry 70 degree days. I've had little interest in cooking or eating this week because of the heat. The shrimp/salad combo is always an excellent choice. I love grilled shrimp!

My summer go-to meals tend to be either salads or gazpacho. I can't even think about turning on the oven right now.

Juliana said...

Nice combination, grilled shrimp and a very colorful salad...yummie! Great for a hot summer day :-)

stephchows said...

Sarah- so true!!

5 star foodie- Couldn't agree more :)

Jennifer- I need to make kebabs for sure on the new grill! I can't wait!

Jen- mmmm I bet that is so good!! We should make some when you come visit :)

Mags- oooo ok no shrimp for you :)

Montclair State Chick- you and your tomatoes :) you should bring some up here with you! NJ beefstakes are the best!

Sunshine- sounds good to me!

Megan- I bet yours is pretty too :)

Dani- thanks!

Diva on a diet- Sounds like a plan to me... although I have a few cookie recipes I want to try so bad!! I may need to suffer and turn the oven on!

stephchows said...

Juliana- thanks! it's so true!

Pam said...

This looks simple and delicious - perfect for a hot humid day.

Reeni said...

I love shrimp! This looks light and delicious. My go-to is to go out ot order in! Panera, pizza, or Chinese depending on what I'm craving!

Anonymous said...

Summer Salads are awesome and this shrimp salad looks sooo goood! This salad is great for eating healthy, too. I found this great product for eating salads like these on the go. www.dlitebox.com.

Dee said...

look and sounds so delish!

its my first time at your blog, and i am really liking it!

No oven? Definitely a salad. Or a sandwich. Or just eating leftovers cold. :)

Cucinista said...

That looks right up my alley. No oven meal... either a proper salad, all my leftovers chopped up, thrown into a bowl with a vinaigrette.

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.