Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Creamy Oatmeal

My coworkers make fun of me for many things, but one thing they love to make fun of me for is how I'm constantly eating. I'm a six "small" (ok they aren't' all really small...) meals a day kinda gal. I've been known to stop mid workout for a little snack to get my blood sugar back up. Don't get me wrong I eat plenty I'm not anorexic or anything like that (just ask anyone who has seen me eat hehe). But as the title of this page says... I like to chow! This is another John recipe that I thought he was a weirdo for but is now a staple in my diet :) I eat this everyday around 4 or 4:30 about an hour before I head to the gym. It keeps me fueled through my workout so I can last until dinner time around 7 or 730. It's super simple and healthy.

Creamy Oatmeal
1/2 cup dry oats
1 cup water
8 oz container fat free yogurt (i like wegmans fruit on the bottom fat free cherry vanilla YUM)

Place oats and water in a bowl, microwave for 2 minutes.
Remove and stir yogurt into cooked oats.
Enjoy!

A quick and easy 200 calorie snack filled with 4 grams of fiber and 12 grams of protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone thanks so much for stopping by! I love all the comments! :)