Share |

Lemon poppy seed muffins



So last night I was sitting around watching bad tv and learning to crochet when I thought to myself.... I could really go for a muffin right about now! I had traveled home to NJ last week and my mom gave me a slew of her recipes so I figured I'd give one a try :) These are super easy to make and don't take much time at all.

Lemon poppy seed muffins
1 3/4 cup flour

3 Tbs splenda baking mix

1 Tbs poppy seeds

2 tsp baking powder

1/8 tsp salt

1 cup skim milk

2 Tbs vegetable oil

1 Tbs grated lemon rind

2 Tbs fresh lemon juice

1 egg lightly beaten


- mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl and make a well in the center
- combine milk and next four ingredients and stir well
- add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened
- divide evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray
- bake at 400 for 25 minutes or til golden
- remove from pans immediately and let cool on a wire rack

And you are done and done! I may have eaten 3 last night... yum!

1 chews:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious, Steph! Hopefully I'll make some this weekend to get my through my midterms. Love you!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.