Share |

Light Spicy Artichoke Dip

So I made some creamy artichoke dip for a party last week. I took the recipe right out of this months Cooking Light. I'm normally not a huge fan of artichoke dip and tend to avoid it since it's full of mayo and full fat cream cheese... John however loves the stuff, but wont eat it since it's such a train wreck of calories and fat. When I saw the recipe in this months issue I knew I had to make it for him. John loved it and totally wants me to make it again. I thought it was ok, but as I said I don't really like the normal full fat stuff so this was about the same in my book. I must say though the crushed red pepper was a nice addition to it :)

Unfortunately all the pictures came out pretty bad so.... you'll just have to believe me that it looks like normal artichoke dip. :) Enjoy!

Hot artichoke-Cheese Dip

Ingredients

2 garlic cloves
1 green onion, cut into pieces
1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
Cooking spray
24 (1/2-ounce) slices baguette, toasted

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400°.

2. Place garlic and onion in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano and next 4 ingredients (through pepper); process until almost smooth. Add artichoke hearts; pulse until artichoke hearts are coarsely chopped. Spoon mixture into a 3-cup gratin dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Serve hot with baguette.

12 servings (serving size: 2 1/2 tablespoons dip and 2 baguette slices)

CALORIES 126(24% from fat); FAT 3.4g (sat 1.3g,mono 0.6g,poly 0.5g); IRON 1.1mg; CHOLESTEROL 7mg; CALCIUM 59mg; CARBOHYDRATE 20.8g; SODIUM 334mg; PROTEIN 5.1g; FIBER 2.3g

0 chews:

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.