Share |

Pumpkin & Pesto Pinwheels

Pumpkin & Pesto Pinwheels?? Yeah try and say that three times fast... go ahead I'll wait :)

Happy Martin Luther King Day! I'm off in the Poconos right now celebrating "late christmas" with my family... hopefully off on a ski slope carving out a fresh trail! I couldn't leave you guys hanging though so I figured I'd leave you with some chow to drool over.


Don't these just look delicious?? I found these over at Foodalogue and had to make them!

I used whole wheat pizza dough I bought at the grocery store. Rolled a chunk of it out, plastered pumpkin puree, turkey bacon & sage on one half; pesto, parmigiana & mozzarella on the other half, rolled it up, and tossed it in the freezer. An hour later out it came to slice up and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.


It was a delicious snack that was devoured very quickly. I'd make these again to serve as an appetizer, or keep a roll on hand in the freezer for impromptu guests, and snacking.

Chow!

0 chews:

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.