Share |

Fiesta Dip

For those of you who have been around for a long time, you know I love LOVE this "salsa" "dip" "salad topper" whatever! It has become my hands down go to recipe for any type of gathering. I have yet to meet a person who hasn't loved it.

It's amusing at least one person at every event comes up to me and says "I don't like (raw onions/ beans/ peppers) but I love this stuff!!"

As I mentioned yesterday, it was Walton's 1st birthday!! I was able to grab a last minute crazy flight deal down to DC to take part in the festivities!! It was wonderful to see my family and how much Walton has grown since I last saw him. I also got to tag along with my sister and Stockton to a photoshoot friends of theirs gifted them.


These image were taken by Cynthia Sambro-Rier Photography. She was a pleasure to work with, if you live in the DC area and want pictures of your kids... give her a call :) (images taken from her blog and facebook page).

How cute is that little boy!!!

OK back to the Fiesta Dip!


Seriously, make this the day before any gathering, let it marinate over night, drain the morning of, and you are good to go! We normally serve it with Tostitos scoops, but it can work with any kind of chip or it is delicious over a salad.

Fiesta Dip
1 can black eyed peas
1 can shoe peg corn
1 red pepper diced (I used 1/2 a red and 1/2 an orange since we had it on hand)
1 green pepper diced
1 red onion diced

Rinse and drain peas corn

Add: 2 tbs Tiger Sauce (secret ingredient) a MUST (it's near the ketchup in Wegmans... if you have Wegmans near you)
3/4 cup white sugar (I used a little less)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 veg oil (I used about 3 Tbs instead of 4 Tbs also I've used olive oil when I didn't have vegetable oil on hand)

Mix and let stand (refrigerated) overnight.

Drain liquid before serving.
Serve with tostito scoops or other veggies or cucumber slices for dipping.
This also works great as a salad topper/dressing. Delicious!

21 chews:

Anonymous said...

Perfect for some scoops and some football!

Darling little boy and SENSATIONAL dip!

Special K said...

Love this recipe! Did you get your package yet???
I need your help! Would you be willing to co-sponser a recipe contest for "baked" dish without the comfort of an oven? Email me if you can!

Pam said...

This looks and sounds wonderful. I'll be on the lookout for Tiger Sauce.

Ang said...

What lovely pictures! I grew up outside of D.C. I love it there.

I'll be on the hunt for Tiger sauce now!

Jeanne said...

He is soooo adorable!!!! I could just eat him up, he's so cute. Luckily, that dip looks fabulous too. Nice and colourful. I'll eat that instead. :)

Jenny said...

my mommmmy makes a super similar dip and adds some lime dip -- oh dear me is that good!

Queen B. said...

TOTALLY PRINTING THIS OFF AS I TYPE........CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT.
THANKS-

stephchows said...

sunshine meg- perfect!

veggie girl- i knew you'd like this one!

SPecialK- they actually came yesterday! thanks! I'm going to try them tonight with some soup!

pam- hope you can find it!

ang- DC is really nice! I love visiting!

Jeanne- hahahah too funny :)

Jenny- hmmm I bet lime would taste great with this! actually we had some lime chips that were going with it too!

Queen B- awesome! hope you love it!

Steph, this looks delicious! I might need a bit more info on that Tiger Sauce though ... I've never heard of it and don't have Wegman's here. I'll look out for it though.

OMG, Walter is so SO cute! I love that black and white pic! :)

Yummy, it reminds me of my friends "Cowboy Caviar" that I haven't gotten around to making. your nephew is darling. I LOVE his name! :)

Tiger Sauce!? That sounds kinda crazy. This would be a cool side salad too, but eating it with pita or tortilla chips is totally not out of the question.

Jennifer said...

Loved these pictures and memories. This dip is soooo perfect for the weekend when my husband is glued to football!

Reeni said...

How delicious! I'm intrigued by this tiger sauce?!!

Yummy! A friend of mine makes something like this, and it is so good. Your recipe looks even better! I don't have a Wegmans anywhere near my town though. Eek - what to substitute for the Tiger Sauce?

Natalie said...

This dip would be so delicious with some Fritos Scoops and also some slices of avocado on top! I need to keep my eye out for that Tiger Sauce!.

Astra Libris said...

Your nephew is SO adorable!!! Toooo cute!!! :-)

Your dip sounds scrumptious! I love all the gorgeous colors!

stephchows said...

So for all you asking about Tiger sauce... let me know if you can't find it... or if you can and where!

You can buy it online here
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0005ZUG86/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000BD3XU0&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=09ZTZ1CARS65XCD524QZ

And as for a sub... I really don't think there is one... at least none that I've seen, it's so unique in flavor, I don't know how you'd replicate it :( I hope you are all able to find some!!

Hannah said...

Oh, such beautiful photos...! Walton just looks so precious. :)

Walton's mama said...

I've found Tiger sauce in the Safeway Grocery store in Northern VA. It was also by the ketcup, so it might be worth taking a look at your local grocery store. :)
Thanks again for making this great dip Steph.

Steph said...

The dip looks delicious and healthy!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.