Share |

Vermont Adventures - no smooching allowed

blueberryhill
A few friends and I skipped work on Friday to head up to VT for a long weekend. It's been a bi-annual tradition for me the last few years and each time I go I seem to pull along a new friend making it doubly as fun! Maybe one of these times all my prior "dates" will make it back with me for a big old reunion party!
sauna
The last few visits have started two new traditions, the first being a yankee swap which always ends in fits of giggle (seriously who brought the woman's bust vase this year???), the second being an appetizer potluck for Friday night. This time around I brought a VERY garlicky hummus, while Val and Brian brought along a loaf of my rosemary bread (she subbed 3 tbs of fresh rosemary for the dried) for dipping in the hummus. Since there were so many rave reviews for both I had to get them up here to share.
cookiemixer
Since I didn't take any shots of the hummus you'll just have to be entertained with these other pictures from the weekend... including one of me with my Sunday morning job... making the famous Blueberry Hill Inn chocolate chip cookies!! These things are to die for... and NOT healthy... kinda ironic it was my job to make them huh? The good news is they came out just as good as when the inn keeper makes them. Score one for me! ;)
cookiebowl

Ever been to VT? Do you love it? I LOVE IT THERE! Do you like garlic? Does your significant other like it or do they say no smooching allowed when you eat some?

"Don't expect anyone to kiss you tonight" garlic hummus
1 can chick peas (drained but save the liquid)
1/3 cup drained liquid from chick peas (maybe a little more if you need it)
3 large cloves fresh garlic
1-2 Tbs tahinni
2 Tbs olive oil
4 Tbs lemon juice
1/4 tsp sea salt

Place everything in a food processor and whirl for 3-5 minutes. That's it. Amazing right?

cookies

Your email will never be displayed publicly, so don't be scared to comment! :) Oh and make sure you type in your blog link so I can click over to you! There is a spot you can type it in.

8 chews:

Jeanne said...

Glad you had such a great time in Vermont! You know, I don't think I've ever been.

Tim Schutt said...

The secret to combining garlic and smooching is to make sure that your significant other "keeps up" with you clove for clove during dinner. Never a problem in our house ;)

HA! very good point :)

Shelley in HI said...

Oh we'll have to try your hummus recipe!  Jake and I love garlic!  We made hummus last month and it turned out fabu!  This cookbook had a recipe Jake modified and I made the pita bread recipe.  Both together were yum-my!

Tracy said...

Sounds like so much fun! I loooove garlic and can't wait to try your hummus. I might even toss some rosemary right in there too. :-)

Dqiara said...

I like garlic but not too much. Too much will drown the taste. Garlic is good for
lowering blood pressure and good for flu. Too much will make you smelly
when you talk.

Cheers,
healthy recipes for weight loss

Steph! Need the Blueberry Hill Inn cookie recipe! :)

LOL can't it's a secret!! :)

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.