Share |

Cooking on white

I've heard all the arguments about cooking on non stick and if it's going to kill you or not. In truth I can't really tell you what I believe and what I don't. I do know however that a good number of the non-stick pans we got for our wedding (a mear 3 years ago) already look pretty beat up and seem to have lost their non-stickness. I never put pans in the dishwasher, and never use scouring anything on them... so what gives? The worst for wear pan is my go to 12inch frypan. Apparently I use it too much, since it has zero non-sticking ability left.
Not a drop or spray or oil in this pan.
So this brings about my decision to pick up a ceramic pan. Sure I could tell you I did a ton of research and that's why I ended up going with them. Not the case. I first considered replacing with stainless steel, but I try not to use a lot of oil in my cooking... and they kinda require it unless you want half your meal stuck to the pan. And then there I was wandering through Marshalls when I found this nice new snazzy guy in the cooking aisle for $10. Pretty sweet huh? I figured, what the hell, I'll give ceramic a try.

I admit the hardest thing to get used to is the fact you are cooking on white. But now I'm loving it, you can easily see when things are starting to brown and true to the name, NOTHING is sticking to it. I seriously tossed some shredded yams out of it the other night while I was stirring because it was so slick. And no spray! Just food, in the pan, BAM! Perfectly browned!

Here's a set of 3 ceramic pans for $40. That's a pretty good price considering I've seem them for a lot more per pan.

Have you cooked on ceramic before? Did you love it as much as me? I'm going to keep stopping by Marshalls until I have a full new set of pans and pots :)




Your email will never be displayed publicly, so don't be scared to comment! :) Oh and make sure you type in your blog link so I can click over to you! There is a spot you can type it in.

6 chews:

Ashley Bee said...

I recently was gifted a set of three cast iron skillets and they are wonderful. I don't use them for ALL my cooking, so I should look into ceramic for other things, but for most things cast iron is the way to go! It goes from stovetop to oven really well too.

USA Kiwi (Kylee) said...

I got a small one when I was working as a consultant for Pampered Chef. I really like it, and wish I'd used my discount for a whole set when I could have!

USA Kiwi (Kylee) said...

I got a small one when I was working as a consultant for Pampered Chef. I really like it, and wish I'd used my discount for a whole set when I could have!

OO nice! I like cast iron pans but they are just so heavy to move around. (this is my laziness kicking in) HA. They are nice though!

Oh man that would have been great to get with a discount!! We need to find someone who works there and can give us a deal now :)

Hannah said...

That is one seriously beautiful piece of cookware. I've also been looking for a way around the usual non-stick options, so I'll have to hunt around for some ceramic-ware next. You definitely got a deal on that one!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.