Share |

Revolt- the final results

OK people. Final review time! I've been sticking strictly to the Revolt Now Fitness workout plan for the past 12 weeks. When I was asked to do this I was very skeptical  it seemed like a typical marketing "loose weight!!" kind of program. But I was intrigued by it so I said I'd give it a go.


The web page totes a 7lb in 7 days detox. To me that's a HUGE red flag. If I'm going to make changes to my body, it's going to be slow and steady, since I didn't get to be the way I am now in 7 days. Nichole does seem to have real research behind both her dieting techniques and her workout techniques which I appreciate. I still can't say I agree with the diet plan (you eat the same thing every day, diet changes each sunday). Sure the logic is you prep everything at once on the weekend, so there is no thinking, you just eat what's made. It also gets you used to eating small meals 6 times a day, and seeing how much of things you should be eating. I get bored wicked fast though so I'd just end up wasting a ton of food and eating whatever I wanted.

I personally feel I have a pretty good handle on my diet, sure I should get some more veggies into me, but overall my everything in moderation theory works for me.  I can't imagine taking out all of my bread and dairy... just not worth it to me. Ok enough of my eating philosophies... onto the workout.

I LOVE THE WORKOUTS. That pretty much sums it up. They change every week, she has videos up daily to show you the proper form and so you can work along with her. She also has a printout so if you want to do your workout away from a screen you easily can (this is what I do). There are also 3 separate levels: beginner, intermediate, and advance. This makes this program accessible to everyone.

I've also been doing it at home or on my lunch hour in my office. I picked up kettle bells at TJMaxx for wicked cheep and already had a set of 15 lb dumbbells laying around. Add in a yoga ball and you are set to go. I'm thinking about getting a few heavier weights and not renewing my gym membership when the time comes. I actually just renewed in Feb for the year and am pretty bummed I did since I haven't been back but a few times in the past 12 weeks. Now let me explain how HUGE that is for me. I'm a gym rat, I met my husband in the gym.. I'm there 4-5 days a week taking classes and lifting weights. And since I've started this program... I've only gone a handful of times to use some of the bigger weights there and DO THIS PROGRAM. I WISH I had started this earlier so I didn't waste my money for a year membership. But what can I say, sunk cost, I'll get over it.

You're probably wondering how my body has physically changed, since that's what this program promises: drastic results! Well... I already worked out pretty hard before starting this, and eat relatively healthy, (and knew from day 1 I wasn't going to follow the diet) so I wasn't expecting big results. What were my results you ask?


I lost 4 pounds, and 3 inches total. My arms and back have became more defined and I lost a little fat from my tricep area. My waist and abs are more defined and my bum although the same size around is sitting a bit higher. My body fat percentage has also gone down 2%. Again, nothing at all drastic, but I basically went from working out 60 minutes a day 5-6 days a week, to 20-30 minutes a day 5-6 days a week. Cutting my time in half and gaining 30 minutes plus another 30 minute gym commute off my day is WELL worth it.

In the end I'm happy with my changes and know I'll continue to keep getting stronger. I also fully plan on continuing with this as my workout program. See ya later gym membership!

To catch up on all my revolt posts head here

Full disclosure I am getting free access to the Revolt site in return for blogging about my experiences. All opinions are my own, no lies, no exaggerations. 



Your email will never be displayed publicly, so don't be scared to comment! :) Oh and make sure you type in your blog link so I can click over to you! There is a spot you can type it in.

2 chews:

natalie@thesweetslife said...

I think your results sound awesome! congrats!

I know I'm pretty excited! Plus the whole time saving aspect is great. I was getting bored with my normal routine so this is the perfect, "always changing" routine. She's got a Memorial Day Cardio Blast theme this week, wicked fun!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.