Share |

Pumpkin Bran Muffins

I went skiing yesterday... yes 60 degrees not a cloud in the sky skiing. Ahhhh it was wonderful... and very tiring haha so when I got home I HAD to bake something to re-energize me! Pumpkin Bran Muffins came to mind....I love these muffins. They are perfect for a snack or an addition to breakfast. Super healthy and super super delicious. I mean who doesn't love pumpkin? Ok probably a lot of people but seriously I'm in love with pumpkin anything :) A half dozen of these were polished off by a certain someone within minutes of them being done. Hope you like them!


pumpkin bran muffins

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
dash salt

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1/2 tsp ground cloves

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 cup bran flakes

1/4 cups splenda brown sugar
(packed)
1 egg

1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree -- fresh or canned


Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 convection). Spray muffin tins with non-stick oil.
Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Stir in bran flakes.

In separate bowl, beat together brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and the egg. Slowly add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture. Beat well, until smooth. Fill muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.

1 chews:

Anne said...

Thanks for linking me to this! I think they sound great, and I'm totally bookmarking these to try. I love how healthy they are, and of course I LOVE pumpkin :D

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.