Share |

Lentil Burgers

I have an eating compulsion, I can't help it I LOVE TO CHOW!! There is an amazing eatery here in Rochester called Orange Glory and they make a mean lentil burger. I keep saying I'm going to try to make it at home and never do. No longer! I used a can of lentils instead of the dried kind (who knew they came in cans??) so it was crazy fast to make.


lentil burger
1 can lentils

1/4 cup whole what flour
1 tbs worcestershire sauce

1 egg

5 saltine crackers crumbled

garlic powder

black pepper

for garnish:
lettuce
roasted red peppers or salsa
shredded cheddar cheese

Open can of lentils and rinse well to get rid of some of the sodium. Place in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir up. Form into 4 burger patties and cook in a frying pan sprayed with olive oil. Cook until browned on both sides 4-5 minutes total. Serve on a whole wheat english muffin, or some of that thyme bread I made yesterday yum!

0 chews:

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.