Share |

Quick Salad


Since it's summer time I find myself craving salad... but not a wimpy I'm hungry in 10 minutes salad. I like my salads with some meat and heaft to them! Without the crazy 1000 calories though... Man some of those chain places have crazy scary salads. Like the Ruby Tuesday - Carolina Chicken Salad...PER SERVING (1 salad): 1,022 calories, 72g fat, 38g net carbs, 7g fiber -- POINTS® value 26* Now if that isn't scary to you... then I'm scared of you!

So here is a quick tasty salad, make it huge for a full meal or small for a side. The recipe below is for a very large center of table for a large group kinda salad...

Chick Pea Turkey Bacon Salad
1 head Romain lettuce leaf or red leaf lettuce, chopped
1 can chick peas drained and rinsed
1 pint fresh baby bella sliced mushrooms
1/2 package JenniO turkey bacon cooked and sliced into bite size pieces
1 medium broccoli crown, cut into bite size pieces
red seedless grapes sliced in half to garnish top (I like to use a lot of grapes... not shown in picture above...whoops!)
light blue cheese dressing, or a nice balsamic vinaigrette to drizzle on top

Chow!

0 chews:

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.