Share |

Cookies fix all


My good friend's dad isn't doing so well. As normal for me, if someone is sick or down, I bake. So first I asked if he was still able to eat, yes, good!! Then I asked my friend what his dad's favorite cookies are, sugar. YUM So the other night I made some ice box sugar cookies and hopefully the postman will be delivering them to him today! Not sure if any of you are spiritual / religious, or whatever, but if you could say a little something, do a little dance, whatever you like to do :) for my friends dad, I know the good vibes will be appreciated!

These cookies were super easy to make. I whipped them up, formed a log, stuck them in the freezer then went about my business for the night, a few hours later, I sliced them up and baked them to a nice crisp. There is only 4 Tbs of butter in these but they tasted crazy buttery and delicious, and made the whole house smell of baking butter... mmmm so much better then a scented candle!


Ice box sugar cookies
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons stick margarine, softened
1/3 cup splenda for baking or (2/3 cup sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg white
Cooking spray

Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl, and set aside. Beat margarine at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add vanilla and egg white, and beat well. Add flour mixture, and stir until well-blended. Turn dough out onto wax paper, and shape into a 6-inch log. Wrap log in wax paper, and freeze for 3 hours or until very firm.

Preheat oven to 350°.

Cut log into 24 (1/4-inch) slices, and place slices 1 inch apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool on wire racks.

Chow!

PS. the cookies are so dark because I used whole wheat flour, it added a nice flavor to the sugar cookies and also made them a bit dark. yum!

2 chews:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet thing to do for your friend. I'm sure she's appreciative to you for thinking about her during this time. Sometimes the smallest things can really make people feel better, especially homemade cookies!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the cookies. Everybody loved them! They were excellent!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.