Share |

No cook pizza sauce

Pizza is one of those things that I think I could eat everyday... and I would be a very large and happy woman! I love making pizza at home, you get to make the crust as thin as you want, add whatever you like, and it really doesn't' take that long at all to make!


Wegmans (the best food store EVER) sells their whole wheat (or white) pizza dough in big ball form. You basically pay $2 and get enough dough for two large pizzas, nice deal huh? I make sure to give the dough enough time to rest outside of the refrigerator so it can rise a little more, that way I can get the crust SUPER thin. Tear the ball in half and toss one back in the fridge for latter use. I don't have a rolling pin at John's house so I use an empty jar or a wine bottle, in reality I like this better then a rolling pin, the dough seems to stick to it less :) I also have one of those pizza pans that has all the holes in the bottom, makes the crust so super crisp I LOVE IT!

Anyway John wanted to make our own sauce for the pizza, we normally just use wegmans diavola sauce but he said it just didn't taste like a real pizza that way. So we made our own and MAN was it GOOD! John was eating the leftovers by the spoonful later in the week hehe. It only takes a few minutes and is again super cheep. You basically take a 45 cent can of tomato paste and add a bunch of spices to it. YUM

John's fancy pizza sauce
6oz can tomato paste
2 tsp chopped garlic cloves
1/2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs basil
1 Tbs rosemary
black pepper to taste
salt to taste
couple glugs red hot

2/3 cup water

Mix everything through red hot in a bowl, slowly stir in water and stop at desired consistency. Taste, add more spices if you like, that's it, you're DONE.


We didn't use the whole batch of sauce for the one pizza, we had some left over, spread it all over your dough and add whatever toppings you like! Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes. CHOW!!!!

0 chews:

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.