Share |

Eat your veggies... in a muffin

As you may have guessed, I try to eat healthy, whole grains, veggies, lean protein... although if you talk to John he says all I eat are carbs, a very normal conversation about dinner is him asking "Where's the protein?" Anyway I'm always trying to get John to eat more veggies so I like to stick them in where you might not expect them... like muffins. YUM! Maybe I should change this blog name to steph chows muffins :) My coworker makes a seriously mean delicious zucchini bread that I love, and I've been wanting to try to make a version without all the olive oil... then I found this recipe on Fat Free Vegan. Perfect! I couldn't wait to try it out so I ran over to the farmers market to get some fresh zucchini to use.

The results:

Delicious! Although eat these ASAP, after maybe 3 days... they get pretty dry. But as long as you don't wait that long they are great!

I did however forget one thing while making these... John HATES... wait is there a stronger word... DESPISES raisins... I love them, and wasn't thinking about his distaste for them while I was mixing these up... so he got a little surprise when I dropped some off with him at work one day.

*phone rings at my desk*
Hello Stephanie speaking
BLEHHHHHHH why do these have raisins in them?? Are you trying to kill me??
HAHAHAHA whoops! Sorry sweets!
I don't make you eat quiche, why you trying to get me to eat raisins... that's not very nice. And why are there green specks in this????
It's true I'm purposfully trying to get you to eat raisins :) That is grated zucchini. It's yum.
Maybe when you blog about these you should call them barf muffins with raisins...
Oh yeah I'm sure the readers will want to click to read about that :)


So I present to you John's barf muffins with raisins... hopefully you enjoy these more than John did :) I sure liked them!

Click over to Fat free Vegan for the recipe. Amazingly I followed it!!! Although I did add a little sprinkle of coconut on top of half my muffins... totally a good idea :)


I was inspired to make this recipe to be part of Tried and Tested over at Zlamushka's Spicy Kitchen! So much fun :)

11 chews:

Steph said...

I think it's so funny how you had to make him these muffins to get him to eat veggies. I love veggies too and find it hard to understand why some people don't like it ie. my brother. We have to drench his in some kind of sauce or dip all the time. Thanks for the tip about dryness.

Sarah Glova said...

hahaha the conversation cracked me up. But they definitely don't sound / look like barf muffins to me!!

Barf muffins...LOL!! Too funny girl.

Anne said...

Haha, "barf muffins!" That's hilarious. I think they look great :D

OMG, what a funny conversation! I can't agree on his suggested title ... these muffins look far too yummy for that ... but I am with John on the raisins. Not a fan.

I would certainly be a fan of the zucchini though. They look sooo good! Love the coconut on top too.

Pearl said...

hahahahahha oh my gosh john is so cute!

Marta said...

Hahahaha funny post Steph! I laughed out loud with the Braf Muffin suggestion!! Gret recipe, though! will make them soon and I'm sure they won't last 3 days in the house ;)
Thanks!

Reeni said...

That is too funny! Poor John! I'll eat his share of Barf muffins, happily!!

ophiolite said...

Yum! I can't wait until I have my own garden so I can grow lots of zucchini for baked goodies!

Emily said...

Yum! These muffins looks great. I'd eat them up. I've never made zucchini bread before. :(

zlamushka said...

amazing muffins, love them with zucchini. Thanks for participating T&T event. I hope you ll get a chance to come up with something delish for T&T Jue as well, the Blog of The Month is Meena of Hooked on Heat :-)

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.