Share |

Can't you just smell them?


How awesome are friends? Pretty awesome. How awesome are friends who roast their own coffee beans and then share them with you?? WICKED AWESOME!!!

I worked with Tim a few years back, but then he went off and moved away! How dare he :) Thankfully due to this wonderful thing call the internet, we stay in touch. Tim was in town for a concert a few weeks back and we met up for coffee and he came bearing gifts!!

Description of his coffee:

Sweet Maria's: Guatemala San Jose Pinula - La Trinidad
Full City ro FC+: A classic Central profile, great body, bittersweet chocolate, intense, tangy roast notes and a twist of lemon rind.

I seriously think he should start selling the stuff. TIM START SELLING THIS!! You'll make $$$!!! Thank you so much for the coffee and let me know when you want to start selling!! I'll design your logo in exchange for beans ;)

18 chews:

wow fresh home roasted coffee amazing, enjoy

April said...

He should start selling, I would buy it!

Pearl said...

oh my gosh - roasted own coffee beans? mmm! his kitchen must smell so fantastic.

Unknown said...

Um, jealous much? Oh yeah. That sounds absolutely amazing. Please let me know exactly where I could "happen upon" this friend of your and become fast friends myself. ;)

-e

How cool! Tim's got a built in market right here ... I know my husband would be psyched to get his hand on some of this stuff.

stephchows said...

Tim has brought it to my attention that I failed to say how the coffee tasted... AMAZING!!!!!!! SO FREAKIN GOOD!!!! I KEEP DRINKING IT AND AM ALL HOPPED UP ON IT! :) It's true! Tim you seem to have a following here... when you going to start to sell it!

Sara said...

Very cool - I'm not really a coffee person, but I think even I would like to try this!

TimS. said...

Hey Steph - glad you like it! Listen: anyone who would ever want to try this for themselves, it's wicked easy. Get a hot-air popcorn popper at Target (not walmart - theirs is a different design that won't work), a 4-pound sampler of beans at Sweet Marias, (http://www.sweetmarias.com), and do it up 1/4 cup of greens at a time. It takes about 8-10 minutes per batch. Do it outside, 'cause there's lots of smoke, and let the beans rest overnight. Grind, brew, and enjoy the best coffee you've ever had.

BTW - Sweet Marias also has more detailed instructions on hot air popcorn roasting like this.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I need new friends :)

Cheers,

*Heather*

Reeni said...

That must be the best! I think I can smell them!

Steph said...

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love the smell of roasted coffee beans!

Foodgawker and the Foodie Blogroll in the same day... congratulations!

And yes, those beans do look amazing. I always love trying new coffees.

Emily said...

Oh man.
So jealous..

Cook Afloat said...

Congratulations on having a wonderfu friend to share fantastic coffee with you. (Also great that he doesn't subscribe to the "the darker the better" school - this way you can taste the coffee!)
We've been roasting our own coffee for many years now - it's the perfect way to get truly fresh coffee! Our coffee roaster, burr grinder, and Bunn are the first things in the house whenever we move.

gaga said...

Fresh roasted coffee is the best! I loooove the way it smells.

gaga said...

Fresh roasted coffee is the best! I loooove the way it smells.

Cook Afloat said...

Congratulations on having a wonderfu friend to share fantastic coffee with you. (Also great that he doesn't subscribe to the "the darker the better" school - this way you can taste the coffee!)
We've been roasting our own coffee for many years now - it's the perfect way to get truly fresh coffee! Our coffee roaster, burr grinder, and Bunn are the first things in the house whenever we move.

Steph said...

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love the smell of roasted coffee beans!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.