Share |

Raspberries and Greens, not just for salads anymore

I drink a green monster smoothie pretty much every morning. Why? Because some days I really suck at eating my veggies. Sure the intentions are there, crisper drawer chocked full of them... and sometimes it's chocked full of all limp ones because I haven't touched them all week...enter my morning smoothie, it makes me feel a little better about at least getting some veggies into my life :)
raspberrysmoothie
Normally I use this recipe. But I like to mix it up depending what is on hand. After a trip to the raspberry fields I knew they would be making an appearance.

How are you at getting veggies into your meals? Are you a rockstar? What's your favorite way to eat them?

Green Monster
makes enough for 2 people

2 cups organic field greens
1 cup skim milk
2 tsp ground flax seeds
1 banana
2 handfuls raspberries (frozen for a frosty kick)

Layer in a blender, greens, then flax, banana, berries and milk. Blend until spinach is totally liquefied. Drink immediately, if you let it sit it will separate into layers and then it looks weird (and personally I can't make myself drink it, it has to be fresh!).


Your email will never be displayed publicly, so don't be scared to comment! :) Oh and make sure you type in your blog link so I can click over to you! There is a spot you can type it in.

4 chews:

Jeanne said...

I still have to try a green monster one of these days!! Eating vegetables is soooo much easier when they come straight from a garden. I'm way better in the summer than in the winter. I love a big, huge salad or a good garden stir-fry. Yum.

kay pearn said...

i love putting baby spinach in my smoothies! makes me feel like i'm getting a healthy start to my day. and sometimes i can get my kids to drink them too!

Rebecca S. said...

Love green monster! My blender stinks, so anything tougher than baby spinach won't get processed well enough. Can't wait until I get an upgrade!

jhon said...

step chows is a great place for the nice recipes

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.