Asian Peanut Coleslaw

So I mentioned a little while back that I made some peanut asian coleslaw... I realized the other day that I never posted the pictures or the recipe... so here we go! Green cabbage was on sale for crazy cheep so I bought a head having no idea what I would use it for... considering I don't like cooked cabbage... I always liked corned beef but Mom always boiled it with cabbage and carrots... BLEH! At least as a kid it was bleh.. maybe I'd like it now... note to self get recipe from Mom and make some when John isn't around :D Anyway I had a head of cabbage to use and decided to start mixing things up and come up with a recipe on the fly... Here is what I came up with!

Peanut Asian Coleslaw

1/2 head green cabbage chopped into thin strips
2-3 carrots, sliced into thin strips using a vegetable peeler

3 Tablespoons peanut butter
(I use 100% natural nothing added crunchy peanut butter... ingredients: peanuts... that's it. YUM!)
2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce

2 Tablespoons rice vinegar

2 Tablespoons light brown sugar

Sprinkle top with sesame seeds

Chop and slice cabbage and carrots and place in a festive bowl. In a small bowl blend together peanut butter through brown sugar. (I use natural peanut butter so it gets a bit stiff since you have to refrigerate it, so I just microwave the peanut butter in the small bowl first for 30 seconds to make it easier to work with). Once your sauce is all incorporated, pour over cabbage/carrot mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.

This stuff tastes even better the next day after it's had time to marinate.


2 chews:

Wendy said...

Cole slaw or just slaw for that matter is one of my favorite things. I hated it when i was little and now it's like my favorite part of a fish fry! so...i will probably try this one. yum!

stephchows said...

You totally have to try it! It's super easy to make and so tasty! Love it! :D

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.