Share |

Ellie's Tuscan Vegetable Soup

So in case anyone was wondering... Friday... the day John took over my blog... yeahhhh my number of hits that day was like 10 times the normal... I got over 1000???? WHAT???? Maybe this is telling me I should just hand the blog over to him and give up or something??? HAHAHA


Or maybe I should get him to do the writing since he's definitely more comedic than I am :) Oh well, hopefully you are all still reading since it's just little old me here today...

So while in the Poconos I received an awesome book from my sister and brother-in-law! It's called the Food You Crave, by Ellie Krieger and it's amazing! Ellie even has a little cult following in the blog world where they all make a recipe once a week from her book. You can check it out over at the awesome CB's blog. Clara has been trying to get me to join... but the whole HAVING to cook a specific thing on a specific night... yeahhh I can't plan out my week of eating... I've tried... but I have to go by how I feel that day... you know fly by the seat of my pants! hahaha


This soup though... it's amazing. And I will totally be making it again! Or I should say I will be making this for the first time since my Dad made this up while the rest of us where off skiing. See yet again DAD ROCKS! Mom rocks too but she was busy keeping Walton happy while dad made the soup :)

You can find the recipe on page 85, no pictures there though! I think cookbooks should be required to have pictures of ALL recipies not just some or most... ALL!

The soup includes things like cannellini beans, onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage, baby spinach... lots of good soupy stuff :) So simple and tasty! She uses chicken stock, which we used, but I bet you could use vegetable stock and keep this bad boy vegetarian!


Oh and in case you can't tell... the soup pairs amazingly with Yuengling Black and Tan. YUM.
CHOW!

0 chews:

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.