Share |

Reasons why my Dad rocks

I'm a little bipolar today about Panera. They have this gingerbread bagel, which I am madly in love with. The thing is that it's a seasonal item. I called this weekend to make sure they still had them and when they would have them until... Tuesday. Ok great! Tuesday comes and I drive down the road to get my 18 pack and freeze them
... no gingerbread bagels...

WHAT??? I may have out loud said to the poor girl behind the counter something to the effect of "BUT THAT BLOWS!!" her response "do you want french toast bagels instead?" "no thank you" The guy working the register next to her gave me a pitiful look and said "I'm so sorry" you see, he could see the sadness in my eyes! Then hanging my head I sulked away from the counter... how is this possible?? I mean I called and asked so this specific thing wouldn't happen!

I proceed back to my office and call every Panera in the Rochester NY area... nothing... I'm hating Panera at this point. That is it, I'm boycotting it!! I'm going to angry blog bombard them!! Darn you Panera!!

*lightbulb flash*

Maybe the Paneras in NJ near my parents house still has them.... (rush to google to look up phone number of NJ Panera)

Hello this is Panera...
Hi do you have gingerbread bagels??
Let me check, hold on one second...
(trying to patently hold and not go crazy)
Yup we have them.
REALLY?? OK THANK YOU!
*click*

Madly dialing my mom's cell phone.
no answer.

Madly dialing the house phone.
Hello
Hi dad! I have a random question for you... you see Panera was supposed to have gingerbread bagels today and it's the last day... and they DON'T have any!! But the one by you does.... can you go get me an 18 pack and freeze them for me??
The one up in Essex Green or Short Hills?
Essex Green
You want 18?
Yes please and you have to try them too, so maybe get extra, they are amazing!
I'm on my way now.
Thank you dad love you!
*click*

My dad ROCKS!!!!!

Oh and I'm back to being happy with Panera... but only because of my Dad, otherwise Panera, you'd be in trouble!

So are you all shaking your heads at me ashamed? Or would you have done the same thing? :D

12 chews:

Anonymous said...

hahah this entry made me love you and your dad <3 lol i think i've done similar :D arent parents AAAAAAmazing?

Unknown said...

My dad(/mom) has done similarly silly things for me as well.

The one thing I'm wondering is..why not try to make your own? (:

stephchows said...

Thanks misstiffie!! I just checked out your page, very fun! I'll totally be checking back :)

Valerie I TOTALLY want to be able to make them!! hehe I tried once here http://stephchows.blogspot.com/2008/11/jewish-bagels-are-best.html not the best results... but I'm going to keep trying and once I crack the gingerbread bagel recipe... I'm going to be a very large woman hahaha

April said...

This was very sweet of him!!

I used just plain Splenda. Hope all is going well with you!!

april

Love this! Haha. Your Dad is too cool. ;)

Reeni said...

Your Dad does rock!

Anonymous said...

Awww your dad is a total legend! What a sweetie and I love the fact that you didn't have to really explain things to him he was a quick "I'm on my way now".

stephchows said...

Thanks for all the love for my dad! And Lorraine, it's so true, we have such quick conversations sometimes because it's all totally just understood :)

Unknown said...

Yes your dad does rock. . . for this and for the amazing homemade pastas he makes. This story made me laugh so hard! I am guilty of the same kind of food addictions - only you would believe the things I've had my mother mail to me no matter where in the world I am :-)

Meg said...

Yes your dad does rock. . . for this and for the amazing homemade pastas he makes. This story made me laugh so hard! I am guilty of the same kind of food addictions - only you would believe the things I've had my mother mail to me no matter where in the world I am :-)

Reeni♥ said...

Your Dad does rock!

Valerie said...

My dad(/mom) has done similarly silly things for me as well.

The one thing I'm wondering is..why not try to make your own? (:

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.