Share |

"Snicker"doodles

I have multiple friends who would happily confess their favorite cookies as being snickerdoodles. I have another friend who was once baked a batch and was VERY unhappy to realize they did not include Snickers bars in them. I mean talk about false advertising... they are called snickerdoodles why on earth WOULDN'T they have Snickers in them??? And thus this has lead us to "Snicker"doodles... yup, take a normal snickerdoodle, roll it in cinnamon and sugar like usual, then jab a hunk of Snickers bar into the middle... Oh and my version of these bad boys has no butter, and uses whole wheat flour... and they taste YUM!

"Snicker"doodles and snickerdoodles... which do you like better?

"Snicker"doodles
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup splenda blend or 1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 Snickers bars
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375°.

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar, stirring with a whisk.

Combine 1/2 cup splenda blend or 1 cup of sugar and apple sauce in a large bowl, and beat until well blended. Add the corn syrup, vanilla, and egg; beat well. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, beating just until combined.

Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon, stirring with a whisk.

With moist hands, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in sugar mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten balls by jabbing a hunk of snickers into the center of each cookie. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft). Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.

9 chews:

Maria said...

These look fantastic!! I love cinnamon!

Meg said...

How amazing! A snickers bar!!!!!

Great snickerdoodle minds think alike!

I've never understood why these cookies are called snickerdoodles. I'm allergic to peanuts, so as a kid I figured I couldn't eat them, only to realize I spent years avoiding something completely innocuous and delicious! I'm glad you have twisted this (and I may try it with a Milky Way!)

jesse said...

Hahaha! I've never thought of Snickerdoodles in such a literal way. What a great mind you and your friend have!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I like the 'snicker' doodles, very neat and sweet concept!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to think that you might be able to improve upon a snickerdoodle, since they're pretty awesome to begin with... But seriously, what isn't better with a bit of chocolate? ;)

Travis said...

If only I could buy a snickers bar made with as wholesome ingredients as well.

I've never understood why these cookies are called snickerdoodles. I'm allergic to peanuts, so as a kid I figured I couldn't eat them, only to realize I spent years avoiding something completely innocuous and delicious! I'm glad you have twisted this (and I may try it with a Milky Way!)

Maria said...

These look fantastic!! I love cinnamon!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.