Share |

Phillips European

Today I figured I'd let you all drool a bit over some tortes from Phillips European. Phillips is one of those places that is tucked behind a hotel in a mini strip mall... It looks like nothing at all, until you walk through the doors. Once inside you realize you are in a very high end gourmet restaurant. You wouldn't think these were recessionary times with how packed this place always is. John and I wandered in on the late side Saturday night to grab some slices of cake for take out, and the place was packed! They have a wonderful pastry display case as soon as you enter. The take out option is perfect when you don't feel like waiting 30 minutes to be seated before you can dig into something like this!


John picked the black and white mousse torte. I know what you are thinking "John doesn't eat bad for him desserts" I know I know It's true, but I twisted his arm and he agreed :) Want a closer look at this bad boy?... here you go


This thing was decadent without being overly rich and overpowering... unlike mine...


The peanut butter torte. Layers of peanut butter and chocolate fudge between moist chocolate cake... It's heavy, rich, beautiful, amazingness (yes it's a word... I say so), this thing is a belly bomb. I'm pretty good at chowin, but even I was unable to finish this slice in one sitting. What's that you want a closer look of this one too?


Chow baby chow :)

12 chews:

Anonymous said...

Steph, you know I love you, but the teacher in me has come out. I know this was not a chocolate "mouse" (as in Mickey) cake. Mousse is so much better. Phillips has such wonderful choices.

stephchows said...

LOL, thanks mom :D Ahhh when spell check doesn't work the way I'd like it to ;) All fixed now :)

that looks so good!
i think i want to live in that place haha

Unknown said...

Why?! Why must you taunt me so?

Sarah Glova said...

hahaha I love your Mom's comment. This cake looks amazing-- THAT's what I need to learn to bake!!!

Now that is intense!

Dude, that is some yummy looking chow for sure. Nice close-ups too. You've got me drooling! LOL

Reeni said...

Oh, the peanut butter torte...your such a tease!

Pearl said...

both tortes look so decadent!

that looks so good!
i think i want to live in that place haha

stephchows said...

LOL, thanks mom :D Ahhh when spell check doesn't work the way I'd like it to ;) All fixed now :)

Reeni♥ said...

Oh, the peanut butter torte...your such a tease!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.