Share |

Strawberry cookies

Man this week has been big of the cookies hasn't it... Aside from that, there is going to be some serious strawberry action going on here this weekend... You'll get the full story on Sunday :D But let me tell you... it's going to be full on strawberry!!!

To start you thinking in the strawberry mind set I have some strawberry cookies brought to you by Martha... This is part of the Cookie Carnival hosted by Kate of the Clean Plate Club! I've had a lot of fun participating in this monthy event... but I have to say this is probably my least favorite cookie of the ones we have tested so far. Straight out of the oven the bottom had a nice crisp to it, but once they cooled they were just kind of soft/mushy... and by the next day... yeahhhhh not so good. They do look pretty though!

(I used whole wheat flour... big surprise right?)

You can find the recipe over here, but I'd say skip this recipe and maybe make some other strawberry goodies instead (check back sunday to see what I'm talking about!)

inside shot!

PS Anyone using blogger know what's up with scheduled posts not posting??? I've been having the issue every day this week! I have it scheduled to go first thing in the am... then I wake up and check and it still says it's scheduled but it hasn't posted! BOOO! Any ideas??

20 chews:

these sound like the perfect summer cookies ;) yum!

Sunshine said...

They look yummy, too bad they didn't taste very yummy. I'm going to make your oatmeal cookies this weekend to send to the hubby. Got any other good ones you'd recommend?

stephchows said...

Peanut Butter Swirl- it does sound like it would be... too bad it wasn't haha

Sunshine- awesome!! Another cookie that is great for care packages since it doesn't have anything that will spoil are ANZAC cookies. You can find the recipe here: http://stephchows.blogspot.com/2008/07/operation-baking-gals-what-i-sent.html Hope you like them!!

Anonymous said...

Strawberry cookies? Sounds excellent, I have to try those!

The blogger has posted in their outstanding issues that scheduling of posts is not working properly. They are trying to fix it.

Jennifer said...

OH yum!! I love how unique yet healthy these are!!!!

Reeni said...

I guess if we want to make these we have to eat them all in one day! A cookie feast!

Megan said...

I've been so bad at participating in the CC. I really wanted to make the macarons but didn't. These sound pretty yummy but I'm not starting back up with this cookie if it's just an ahhh? Thanks for the review!

Megan said...

I've been so bad at participating in the CC. I really wanted to make the macarons but didn't. These sound pretty yummy but I'm not starting back up with this cookie if it's just an ahhh? Thanks for the review!

Marta said...

Never have I ever heard of strawberry cookies! what a delicious summer idea, thanks for introducing it to us!
The only issue I had with scheduled posts was that my time zone was crazy... maybe check that :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is another case of strawberry baked goods not being as great as you might expect, considering how wonderful fresh strawberries are. Full on strawberry, huh? Last spring, I made 52 pints of strawberry jam from strawberries we picked!! Enough to last a family of four for a years worth of peanut butter and jam sandwiches and more!! I can't wait to find out what you are up to!!
Peace, Stephanie

Hannah said...

Yum, I just can't get enough strawberries! I bet the cookies would stay fresher if you used dried or freeze-dried strawberries... Of course, they're not nearly as easy to find or cheap.

my lil one loves strawberries great cookies

stephchows said...

Thank you 5 star foodie! I didn't realize!

It's funny how everyone is all excited about there. Must be a lot of strawberry fans out there!

Megan no worries about not participating in CC! But you SHOULD go make the macaroons YUM!!

Stephanie- WOW that is a LOT of jam! Look at you go... now I'm off to go to the strawberry fields!!!

Hannah - good point about the freeze dried fruit, but it's such a shame when you have fresh on hand :)

Chow and chatter- she's got good taste!

Sarah Glova said...

good luck with that blogger issue! that's the worst...

those strawberry cookies should cheer you up, though!! they look great! I've never actually had strawberry cookies... definitely want to try.

Ann said...

These look different and good. I'd like to eat one right now in fact! btw... ie didn't work with any bloggers so I did end up using firefox and it doesn't shut down random sites anymore:)

Astra Libris said...

They do look beautiful! I'm so sorry the recipe didn't turn out as well as hoped... I've been there... :-p I'm eagerly awaiting future strawberry recipes!! :-)

Martha said...

Your strawberry cookies look great. Wouldn't have thought to use WW flour here but it's always fun to experiment!

Martha said...

Your strawberry cookies look great. Wouldn't have thought to use WW flour here but it's always fun to experiment!

Astra Libris said...

They do look beautiful! I'm so sorry the recipe didn't turn out as well as hoped... I've been there... :-p I'm eagerly awaiting future strawberry recipes!! :-)

good luck with that blogger issue! that's the worst...

those strawberry cookies should cheer you up, though!! they look great! I've never actually had strawberry cookies... definitely want to try.

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.