Share |

CC cookies

I wanted to mix up a batch of chocolate chip cookies for a friend's wife who is having some back issues... enter in these cookies. YUM.


These have 4 Tbs of butter in them, that's nothing in the cookie world. It's just enough to give them that satisfying crispy edge, but not so much that there is a layer of grease left behind.

While I was beating the brown sugar and butter together, John came out and with one look said "those don't look like they are for me..."
"nope, not for you... but don't worry I'll make you some more pumpkin donuts next :) now go watch football and get out of my way...." :D

aren't I a sweetie?? Football season means more time to bake if you ask me :D

NOTE: If you try to take these off the baking mat too soon they crumble all over the place... so let them cool a bit so they harden up :)


Chocolate Chip cookies... with some butter... but not a ton.

whisk together
3/4 c whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats (pulverized in a food processor)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup splenda

in a separate bowl beat:
4 Tbs butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup brown sugar

then beat in
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbs skim milk
mixture looks a little scary at this point.. no worries though!

Add dry to wet

Mix in 1 cup chocolate chips

Drop 1 inch balls onto a baking mat (these spread so give them 2 inches in between each of them). Bake at 350 for 12-ish minutes or until done.

CHOW!

14 chews:

Jennifer said...

Wow there is so little butter in them!!! They look great, I love the healthier twist you gave a traditional cookie! Too funny about your hubby and football- mines the same! ;)

Cathie said...

that definitely is not alot of butter! hope they liked their cookies. my partner is the same with cricket, loves it!

Jenny said...

pumpkin donuts instead of cookies is a more than fair trade :) you have one lucky guy!

Special K said...

You won! You Won the amazing race bar challenge! DELISH! Email me at specialktreatment @ gmail your address so I can send you some Dr. Kracker's to review...
http://thespecialktreatment.wordpress.com/

The ground oats are nice too. That's always been a nice addition to cookies.

Ha ha. Agreed about football season. Our living room and kitchen is open, so my boyfriend sits on the couch and watches the game and I hang out in the kitchen, cooking, baking, and watching from afar.

Good looking cookies Steph! I feel the same way about football season...more time for me to cook and bake.

Steph said...

The cookies spread out quite nicely considering there's so little butter.

Oh to be your friend when in pain. Next time I'm sick or my neck hurts or something - I think I'll have to let you know and you can send me some fabulous goodies. Is Omaha too far? I'm guessing it is:( I'm with you too on the FB cookin time too:)

Reeni said...

These look delicious and kind of healthy for a cookie!

Sophie said...

These cookies look great & so crunchy too!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Mags said...

Good looking cookies Steph! I feel the same way about football season...more time for me to cook and bake.

Special K said...

You won! You Won the amazing race bar challenge! DELISH! Email me at specialktreatment @ gmail your address so I can send you some Dr. Kracker's to review...
http://thespecialktreatment.wordpress.com/

Jennifer said...

Wow there is so little butter in them!!! They look great, I love the healthier twist you gave a traditional cookie! Too funny about your hubby and football- mines the same! ;)

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.