Share |

Triple Chocolate Cookies

Happy Friday everyone!! woohooo!! Lets all give a good cheer! Bring on the weekend! What do you have planned? John and I are headed to see a couple houses, and of course there is football on sunday (isn't that over yet... man!) Well no matter, just gives me more time to bake up more goodies!! Like these:


Triple chocolate cookies by Ellie. They have 1/4 cup butter and a 1/4 cup oil in them... and I have to say they left little puddles of oil on the siliplat... not cool... but they did taste delicious! I made these straight from the recipe.. next time... I'm cutting the oil... I don't like oil puddles on my baking mat... kinda skeeves me out... how about you?


Triple Chocolate Cookies
by Ellie Krieger
Ingredients
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
1/3 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (2 ounces)
1/3 cup coarsely chopped milk chocolate (2 ounces)
2/3 cup chopped pecans, optional

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, mash together the butter and sugars with a fork until well combined. Add the oil and egg and beat until creamy. Mix in the vanilla.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and the pecans and mix well. Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.


Want more chow like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!

17 chews:

These look heavenly!

I made chocolate cookies yesterday too, but my recipe came from Paula Deen. Obviously yours are MUCH healthier. And they look delicious!

Sometimes I get in the mood for everything chocolate, so these would definitely quiet a craving--yum!

I sent my cookies out today and I will be sending you a picture and such sometime tonight--thanks again for hosting!

Anonymous said...

Triple chocolate cookies sound pretty awesome! Have a great weekend!

Ang said...

These look amazing! Can't wait to try them. :)

Every Friday should include some chocolate! I've made these cookies dozens of times myself - and usually end up using all whole wheat flour. I do cut the oil a bit as well. Everyone loves them!

Happy house-hunting this weekend, Steph! We're going to a meatball smackdown in Brooklyn tonight - 5 restaurants competing for the title of best meatball. LOL I can't wait.

We're on for football on Sunday too - go Cowboys! :)

Oh man...These look phenomenal. I must try them! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe with us!

At least if the oil puddles on the pan, you're not eating it! Ha ha. Triple chocolate anything sounds fabulous to me!

Anne said...

Those cookies look so INTENSELY chocolaty... I love it! Thanks for the recipe :)

Hannah said...

Those sure do look dark and decadent!

tam said...

Ah boy do they look good! I have discussed cookies with my exchange pal and we have given ourselves the 23rd as a deadline, thanks again for keeping me in mind x

Maria said...

You know I love my cookies-these look insanely delicious!

Velva said...

These delightful cookies would definitely satisfy a chocolate craving. Your cookies look fabulous!

Maria said...

You know I love my cookies-these look insanely delicious!

Every Friday should include some chocolate! I've made these cookies dozens of times myself - and usually end up using all whole wheat flour. I do cut the oil a bit as well. Everyone loves them!

Happy house-hunting this weekend, Steph! We're going to a meatball smackdown in Brooklyn tonight - 5 restaurants competing for the title of best meatball. LOL I can't wait.

We're on for football on Sunday too - go Cowboys! :)

These look heavenly!

Sometimes I get in the mood for everything chocolate, so these would definitely quiet a craving--yum!

I sent my cookies out today and I will be sending you a picture and such sometime tonight--thanks again for hosting!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.