Share |

2nd annual jam exchange!

It's here it's here! It's the second annual steph chows jam exchange and I hope you are all ready and set to go!! We had a fabulous turn out last year and I can't wait to see how we do this year.



Here are the "rules"
  1. You do NOT need to have a blog to participate! Everyone is welcome to join in!
  2. You must be willing to mail 2, 1/2 pint jars of any kind of jam your little heart desires to your given person. (yes they can both be the same kind of jam)
  3. You must sign up with me so I can make sure to pair you with someone! Email me at stephchows (at) gmail (dot) com with the following:
    Your name and address
    Blog URL if you have one (see rule 1... you DO NOT need one)
    If you would be ok with mailing internationally or if you want to stick domestic (USA) (totally ok either way you choose) I know we have a few peeps from Canada who are in to do this... I checked with the post office here and they said we can ship jam to our Canadian neighbors! I know we have a bunch of AUS readers too... and the post office says no issues with shipping jam to you either! All my other international friends... email me and I'll check and see if it's allowed to your country or not :) As for your country to here or somewhere else... I'm not sure about that one...
    I figure if you agree to ship international, I'll pair someone international to send back to you so it's a fair trade. (I know the USPS has flat rate international boxes... probably the cheepest way).
  4. If you would like your jam included in the final roundup email me a picture of it and a link to a blog entry if you have one up, or just email me to let me know what you sent/received.


Deadline to send me your info: August 11th (my birthday!)
I will contact you with your jam partner by August 22nd
You have until September 7th to mail said jam to said person. You can mail as early as you like though, so if you have your jam ready to go on the 22nd when I email you... go for it and mail it! Or if you are a procrastinator... wait till the 7th to mail it... either way works :) Just please make sure to mail it so no one is left out!

What's that? You've never made jam before? Well then this is a darn good excuse to learn right? Read more about my adventures in jammin' here.

OH and feel free to grab the image above and blog about the exchange to get the word out there and more peeps involved :) Just link back to me :) Or you can tweet about it... or facebook... or do smoke signals... whatever floats your boat :)

Ready... set... GO!!!!

23 chews:

Jennifer said...

YAY!!! I'm all in again this year! will email! Thanks so much for hosting such a great event!

Jeanne said...

Yay for jam exchange! Thnx for organizing. :)

Sunshine said...

So excited! I've already picked out my jams for this year. Now, just have to get in the kitchen and make them.

brandi said...

fun! I'm in this year :) It'll be my first time making jam!

Danielle said...

I missed out last year but I am all over it this year!! I just made a batch of plum jam last night! Can't wait!!!

You'll be proud of me for this. I just made my first ever jam last week, but it was a freezer jam.

I'm not entering into the exchange, but can't wait to hear all about the different jams that will be exchanged.

Ty'sMommy said...

I didn't know about this last year, but now that I do, I can't wait to participate! I already have my blackberry Shiraz jam made!

Steve2 in LA said...

Color me in as well. I've got some beautiful jars of Apple Jelly, Mulberry-Acai Jelly and Strawberry-Rhubarb this year. Any takers?

Special K said...

I can't wait to jam it up, European style! I STILL dream about the choco-banana one I got last year...this year, I am thinking KIWI!

Sounds like so much fun...unfortunately I don't think I will have the time to participate but I look forward to see what everyone made!

Diana Bauman said...

I'm in Steph!! Please let me know if you need my address info.

Diana
A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa

dina said...

Totally count me in! This sounds great!

dee said...

Any chance you ahve room for a late sign up? :)

So sorry I missed this! (saw Anna's link on Blondie's Cakes)I hope you do this again next year- I love making jam. I'm anxiously awaiting the round up! I'd love some new jam ideas. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. I hope you do it again next year, as I would love to sample what other people are doing.

I am trying to pull a local jam swap together for September, so any tips you have would be great.

-the redhead-

Kate said...

I also just found out about this! Definitely willing to trade if anyone wants a late partner or if there is another signup happening.

stephchows said...

Kate your profile is blocked, if you see this email me at stephchows at gmail.com and I can pair you with redhenco! Everyone else is paired up and you are the last two late entries so I could pair you up if you are both still interested!

Anonymous said...

Yes - I would absolutely like to participate if you can get ahold of Kate, or any other late comer. I have plenty of jam to share ;)

-the redhead-

Jeanne said...

Yay for jam exchange! Thnx for organizing. :)

Jennifer said...

YAY!!! I'm all in again this year! will email! Thanks so much for hosting such a great event!

virginia frehner said...

my name is virginia freshener i did not get a name to exchange jam with can you let me know at vfrehner@yahoo.com

Hi Virginia! I sent you and your partner the email over a month ago!! Maybe it's in your spam? I'm going to fwd you the email now but please let me know if you get it!!

AlbertSweitzer said...

I'm looking forward to the next jam exchange missed this one

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.