Share |

Buitoni Chicken & Mushroom Ravioli


Through the Foodbuzz tastemaker program I was given the chance to try a Buitoni frozen dinner for two. I picked the Chicken & Mushroom Ravioli with marsala wine sauce. It couldn't be easier to prepare. Boil water, toss in the sauce (it's in a plastic bag) and raviolis and boil... drain... cut open sauce bag and pour on top. Quick and easy.


John wasn't thrilled that it was white pasta but said he'd give one a try... one led to 6 or 7. Needless to say he gave them a thumbs up.



I prefer a thin pasta for my ravioli but it's impossible to find that in commercially made ravioli. These weren't super thick though and the filling was flavorful... I wasn't a huge fan of the sauce, but I think it's because I'm a spicy red sauce girl at heart :)

As for portion size... fat and calorie wise it's good for 2 people to share this, but you need a big salad to start if you want to be full at the end of the meal.

3 chews:

Freebies are always fun to try. And let's face it, sometimes you only have time for something that's already been prepared for you. Homemade ravioli is so time consuming to make that I always buy it ready made.

I agree. I like a thin ravioli -- and thin potstickers and thin pierogi -- too, but if you don't have time to make those at home, which I definitely don't but wish I did, it's nice to have options like these. Thanks for sharing what you thought.

Mags said...

Freebies are always fun to try. And let's face it, sometimes you only have time for something that's already been prepared for you. Homemade ravioli is so time consuming to make that I always buy it ready made.

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.