Share |

Farm Fresh Muffins

If you didn't see already, go check out the post all about where I made these muffins here. Muffins don't have to be intimidating, I didn't know I was going to be making them, otherwise I would have snuck a recipe with me, but making them on the fly seems to work just as well :)


Raspberry Peach Whole Grain Muffins
recipe by steph chows

Whisk together
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
2 Tbs brown sugar

Mix together
1.5 cups shredded zucchini (skin and all)
1 farm fresh egg
1 cup skim milk plus juice of half a lemon

Pour wet into dry and mix until just incorporated. Then Fold in
1 peach chopped up
1/2 pint raspberries

In a separate bowl mix together the topping
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup slivered almonds
drizzle of maple syrup to get it all wet

Spoon into greased muffin tins and then spoon on the topping.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until done.


Do you think you could have pulled a muffin out of your rump?? What would you have made??

10 chews:

Astra Libris said...

Wow, I'm so impressed that you made these on the fly!! They're gorgeous, gorgeous muffins! I could definitely make banana blueberry muffins spontaneously without a recipe... :-) YAY muffins!!

Maria said...

Raspberry and peach-great combo!

Anonymous said...

I like that you played around with the ingredients instead of making a familiar muffin. These looks great, and not just for made-on-the-fly muffins!

Reeni said...

These look PLANNED! Love the fruit combo! Scrumptious.

Evan B said...

These look great! I totally went to bed last night tellin myself I would whip up some quick muffins this morning, but alas I let the sleep get the best of me and chose to sleep in for another 10 minutes instead! I was going to do bran muffins!

I love the sounds of the raspberry/peach combo--still so summery :-)

You're a muffin pro by now and I don't think I've ever seen a muffin recipe here that didn't look delicious!

Anonymous said...

How lovely- These sound like summer all wrapped up in one sweet little package!

I love the sounds of the raspberry/peach combo--still so summery :-)

muffinegg said...

I like that you played around with the ingredients instead of making a familiar muffin. These looks great, and not just for made-on-the-fly muffins!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.