Share |

Mixed Berry Sucanat Granola

OOO I forgot today starts voting for project food blog! head here to vote for me! Just an FYI you have to join or be a member of Foodbuzz to vote (it's free) but I don't expect anyone to sign up just to vote, but if you are part of foodbuzz and want to vote I'd appreciate it!! :D

The people at Musselman's contacted me the other day and asked if I'd like to try their latest and greatest flavor additions to their apple sauce family. Sure thing I would!


Delicious on their own you know I couldn't just eat them all and not try baking with them right? The first thing I thought of was a berry granola using the mixed berry variety. It's flavored with apple sauce, strawberry raspberry and blueberry puree plus fruit juice concentrate to sweeten it.

I kept the granola pretty simple because I really wanted that berry apple sauce flavor to shine through but feel free to toss in whatever you have on hand. I also wanted to try a granola sweetened by sucanat and am so glad I did, it was a delicious combo!


Wild Berry Granola
recipe by steph chows

In a big bowl toss together
4 cups old fashion oats
1 cup almond slivers
1 cup unsweetened coconut (if you like a sweeter granola use sweetened)

In a small bowl mix together
1/3 cup sucanat (if you don't have any you can use brown sugar)
1 cup (2 small containers) Musselman's Mixed Berry Totally Fruit

Toss wet into dry until everything is incorporated and slightly wet. Pour into a thin layer on greased cookie sheets and bake at 350 until crisp. I like to take it out and toss it around every 10 minutes. Takes about 30-40 minutes to be done.

Remove from oven and let cool then toss with dried berries of your choice or eat it up plain.

11 chews:

I'm a huge granola fan, huge! I'll have to try your recipe for sure.

Reeni said...

Love the idea of using flavored applesauce like this! And I voted for you too - lots of luck!

Great granola recipe and pretty pic!

Anonymous said...

Wild berry granola sounds super delicious! Voted for you for pfb!

Kelsey Ann said...

thank you for voting for me!!! such a lovely surprise <3 thanks for stopping by my blog too, you're amazing. and anyone who loves muffins is a friend of mine ;)
XOXO

Natalie said...

great granola recipe--love how easy it looks!

Anonymous said...

Since you love reading about food, you might want to check out a friend's blog: katymcarter.com. Enjoy! (And I'm about to make your granola recipe right...NOW)

Kelsey said...

thank you for voting for me!!! such a lovely surprise <3 thanks for stopping by my blog too, you're amazing. and anyone who loves muffins is a friend of mine ;)
XOXO

Reeni said...

Love the idea of using flavored applesauce like this! And I voted for you too - lots of luck!

Christine said...

Made it! I used unsweetened, plain applesauce and added 1/3 cup of honey. I was amazed at the flavor and crunch, despite not having used oil. I've got my oats, etc. combined, and I'm embarking on my second batch right now. Thanks for a delicious, healthy granola recipe.

I'm so glad you liked it! And thanks so much for the link to your friends
page, I checked it out, it's great! :)

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.