Gluten Free Crepes with Nutella
Again I found myself staring skeptically at the recipe... really... that's all that goes in... and it's going to taste good... hmmm I'm not so sure about this... and yet again I was proven wrong... I LOVED these things. Talk about easy, fast, and delicious.
I made these to bring along to a french themed party. Bring a french food to pass, and dress up like a french person. If you are from France... stop reading now... cause I'm probably going to offend you... no really stop scrolling...
Ok if you're still scrolling you better have a good sense of humor... here's a headshot from the night...
Gluten Free Easy Crepes
recipe from Gluten Free Gobsmacked
Recipe makes 10 crepes (depends on your pan size!)
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup (or 50g) cornstarch
2 teaspoons olive oil or melted butter
pinch of salt
1. Mix (I used a small whisk) all ingredients until very well blended.
2. Spritz a pan (small, nonstick) with olive oil. Preheat the pan over medium-high heat.
3. Pour 2 Tablespoons of batter into the pan while swirling the pan.
4. Continue to swirl the pan – OFF the heat! – until th ebatter begins to bubble and there is no longer excess batter to swirl.
5. Cook for 20-40 seconds (the first crepe takes the longest… this time is for the quicker crepes) or until steam is puffing out the sides.
6. Quickly and with some care, flip the crepe and cook and additional 15-20 seconds.
7. Continue until all the batter is used. (Depending upon your pan, you may not have to spritz it with oil between crepes.)
Fill with nutella and sprinkle with powdered sugar... or fill with jams, jellies, other nut butters... fresh fruit... whatever floats your boat!