Share |

Jam Exchange Roundup!

Wow, I want to say a very special THANK YOU to everyone who participated this year. We hit a new record with over 100 people shipping jam all over this country, Canada, and one jammer exchanging with someone in Portugal! I know this takes a lot of trust blinding sending your hard work to a stranger across the country, and for the most part everything made it where is was suppose to with only a few hiccups. Thank you again for putting your trust in me and in each other to make this jam exchange possible and special. It really is a joy for me to put together and worth every minute of time spent organizing it.

Onto the jams! I've only included people who wrote me with what they sent/received. If you want to be added to the list just email me and let me know! Links are to the people's blogs if they have them (and sometimes the recipes!) If I messed up the order of images or what you sent just let me know and I'll update it :)

Jeanne sent Peach Jam and Everything but the kitchen sink Jam
jeanne
Lindsay sent red currant and raspberry jam
uncanny
Cathy sent Mango Raspberry Jam and Spiced Wine Peach Jam
mangoraspberryjam0259spiced-wine-peach-jam 025_thumb[2]
Graham sent apricot blueberry, strawberry rhubarb, and apple butter
Graham

Nicole
sent dandelion jelly and red wine-onion jam
dandejelly-021

Andrea sent Peach Vanilla Bourbon Jam and some Strawberries and Wine Jam
Andrea

Amy sent Strawberry Mango Jam and Grapefruit Pineapple Marmalade

Angela sent Chocolate blueberry, blackberry dragonfruit, ginger honey lemon marmalade and strawberry meyer lemon marmalade

Rachel sent fig jam and a peach jam

The redhead sent Ginger Vanilla Peach and Blackberry Peach
jamexchangejarssmall8-30-11
Beth Anne sent Blueberry Lime Jam and Piña Colada jam
handcraftedwaltitude
Christie sent plout jam - a savory one at that!
sandwichhoss
Evan sent champagne pomegranate jelly

Janae sent Peach Marmalade, and a jar of Organic Vanilla Strawberry Jam
JanaesJamz
Samantha sent Apricot Peach Butter, and Black Raspberry Jam
samanthaapricotpeach
Katie sent Peach Bourbon Jam w/Vanilla and Chipotle Plum Jam
Jam Cluster2
ChipotlePlum3JarsSmall
Celeste sent Mulberry and one of Peach Jalapeño

A different Samantha sent spiced blueberry compote and a strawberry lemon marmalade.
Her partner Celeste sent grape jelly, mulberry jam, peach and jalepeno jam, quice jelly, vanilla pear butter, and plum apple jam.

Steve sent White, Peach, Bing Cherry, Spicy Ketchup and a few surprises.
Jam X-Change 2011

Val sent Blueberry-Lemon, Plum Wine-Berry, Pear-Rosemary, Tomato-Ginger, Sour Cherry, Peach-Hot Pepper and Peach Rum. (I know that's way more than 2, but Steve and Val ended up sending each other 8 and 7 varieties! WOW!)

Kris sent Low Sugar Strawberry Jam With Balsamic Vinegar and Fennel Seeds

Judith sent plum (made with fruit her brother grew) and candied jalepenoes

Meg sent Strawb/Rhubarb/onion which is her idea of heaven as chutney got her jammin' in the first place, and peach/blueberry

Liz sent low sugar mixed berry, and pluot.

Gina sent peach-lime jam, and one of peach preserves with pinot noir and cinnamon

Elizabeth sent pluot jam and a mixed berry jam. Leslie sent a blueberry lime (that lasted all of 3 days maybe), a salsa and a peach blueberry jam.

Lisa sent Strawberry Syrup (email me if you want the recipe she sent it to me) Mixed Berry Jam - From the Ball Pectin Box (strawberries, raspberries, cherries, and blueberries). & Pirate Peaches
LisaM


Tracy sent strawberry-vanilla bean jam and bread & butter pickles to my partner. And, I received white peaches & saffron jam and a gorgeous strawberry jam with dark chocolate and cocao nibs!!

Bread & Butter Pickles - 3

Strawberry Jam - 5


Doug sent white peaches with saffron jam!
White Peaches with Saffron12


Stephanie
sent Microwave Citrus Marmalade and Wild Quebec Blueberry jam, and received from Betty Blackberry and Peach-Cherry jams as well as some candied jalapeno slices and tomato jam!


Kelly sent Strawberry habanero jam and raspberry chocolate sauce.
DSC02346

Amanda ended up getting a jar of Ginger Blueberry and a jar of Strawberry Rhubarb!

Connie sent Apricot Pineapple, Strawberry and Rachel-Berry Jam! And I sent to three peeps!
Strawberry
Rachel Jam
apricot pineapple

Michelle had two partners
Partner #1:
I sent Brandied Fig Jam and Ginger-Peach Jam to Carla V. in Maryland
And I received savory Onion Marmalade and luscious Ginger-Pear Jam from her.
Partner #2:
I sent Brandied Fig Jam and Strawberry-Pineapple Jam to Jeri in Alaska. (due to a family illness her partner hasn't been able to send jam back yet)
Ginger Peach Jam
Brandied Fig Jam LabelBrandied Fig Jam

Carolyn sent Blueberry Bourbon Jam

April sent Lime curd and Strawberry Jam made with Apple pectin
IMG_7001

Michelle sent peach habanero chutney, cherry jam, and a plum jam


IMG_6995

Yossy sent Mixed Berry, Apricot, and Plum jam!
plum
apricot
mixed berry

Danielle sent Cherry Vanilla Bean Jam and Yellow Tomato Jam

Your email will never be displayed publicly, so don't be scared to comment! :)Oh and make sure you type in your blog link so I can click over to you! There is a spot you can type it in.

34 chews:

Bethanneleach said...

I didn't get my post up in time! I'll let you know when I get it there. But I sent Blueberry Lime Jam and Piña Colada jam (which s actually the jars in the picture you have for the redhead). Her lovely jars made it to me and I will post a picture as soon as I can).

Jeanne said...

So many awesome jam pictures! Now I want to go eat some jam toast. Yum!

Whoops! Updated the post and will add your jam link and pic once you've got it up! :)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks so much for doing this! I had sent a pluot jam and a mixed berry jam. I received a blueberry lime (that lasted all of 3 days maybe), a salsa and a peach blueberry jam. I'll definitely be participating again if/when you do this next time.

KatieAlbert said...

Such gorgeous jams and great photos! I didn't receive any jams back from my jam partner, so if anyone would like to do a belated jam exchange, please let me know. I would so appreciate it: katiealbert@earthlink.net

OO those all sound great! I'll add them to the list!

Leslie said...

Glad you liked the blueberry lime.  It's got a little bite to it but I love it, too.

Your pluot was gone the week I got it.  Delicious!

I was trying to figure out if the Elizabeth who commented was the one paired with you or not! Answers my question and updated with your name and linking to you :)

Tracy said...

Argh, I never got around to posting about the jam exchange! But, I sent strawberry-vanilla bean jam  (http://sugarcrafter.net/2010/07/31/strawberry-vanilla-bean-jam/) and bread & butter pickles (http://sugarcrafter.net/2010/07/17/bread-butter-pickles/) to my partner. And, I received white peaches & saffron jam and a gorgeous strawberry jam with dark chocolate and cocao nibs!! So much fun - thanks again for organizing this! :-)

Hannah said...

Such a widely varied number of jams and preserves! Makes me wish all of this fruit as still at its peak so I could join in on the fun.

Steph -



Thanks so much for posting the round up. I'm having a lovely time sorting through everyone's posts & blogs.



There are some of these preserves that sound so yummy. I want some of
Uncanny's red currant and raspberry jam, Evan's champagne pomegranate
jelly, Katie's Chipotle Plum jam, and some mulberry & cranberry
jam, just to name a few... Like I need more jams.



-the redhead-

Judith said...

That's so cool.  And I enjoyed it so much.  I'm saving my recieved jams to have for my birthday breakfast (October 14).

KatieAlbert said...

I'd love to do a belated "jam exchange" with you since I did not receive any from my jam partner. Let me know...
katiealbert@earthlink.net

Katie and I are going to do a swap because she deserves yummy things too.

-the redhead-

KatieAlbert said...

Yes we are, and thanks so much!!

Awesome! Will update!

Thanks, Steph, for organizing this exchange! I haven't posted about it yet, but we're loving the Quebec Blueberry Jam and the Citrus Marmalade that Stephanie sent. :)

Let me know once it's up and I'll update the link! I just added your name and blog link to the post! So glad you enjoyed the exchange!!!

Douglas Michell said...

It's always interesting to see the extensive variety of jams produced, reflecting, I suppose, the fruits available in each participant's locality. I was certainly very pleased with the strawberry-vanilla bean jam and the pickles I received from Tracy. Thanks again for organizing this event.

cathie said...

Love the beautiful pictures of the various jams! What a great variety! Am so glad I was a part of it!  It's great to share our love of jams/jellies.  I am so glad that this "art" is not dying, but thriving! 
Thank you for hosting this event!

We wont let it die that's for sure! Thanks so much for joining!!

Danielle said...

I sent my partner Cherry Vanilla Bean Jam and Yellow Tomato Jam.  I don't know what I getting in return, since it has yet to arrive.

KatieAlbert said...

Hi Danielle,
Please let me know if you don't receive anything, and I'll do a "belated" jam exchange with you if you'd like.
I was very disappointed to not receive anything from my jam partner, and am now pleased that "Handcrafted with Attitude" offered to do one with me.
Katie
katiealbert@earthlink.net

KatieAlbert said...

Hello Bethanne,
I'm sorry you feel this way.
I don't have any negative feelings about this exchange and have posted about my experience here which is now a positive one.
I was not asking for an additional exchange, since I never had an "exchange" to begin with.
Steph has done a great job, and she continues to do so.
Please send me a message directly if you continue to have an issue with me.....that would be more appropriate, I think, don't you?
Katie

Thanks for the offer. My exchange-partner had a shipping setback, but it is to go into the mail this week.  Sometimes things happen that you just can't control, like someone recycles all your shipping boxes!  Oops! ;) 

KatieAlbert said...

LOL!
So glad it worked out!

Gridoune said...

Thanks Steph for organizing this jam exchange. Thanks to it I found out you could make dandelion jelly (very good by the way) and I also got onion in red wine jam. We had both yesterday with goat cheese, that was yummy. Unfortunately  I can't remember what I sent to my jam partner ! Looking forward to the next exchange.

Evan @swEEts said...

Glad to particpate again this year, a little busy with life events though to stay completely involved! Where do people get those cute little sitckers for the tops of their jams?!?

So glad to have you! I'm not sure what other people do but I'm a designer by day so I just lay them out myself :) The first image of Jeanne's jams are ones I made for her this year :)

Karly Meeks said...

I would love to be part of next years jam exchange!  I love all of the gorgeous pictures of delicious sweetness/savoryness stored in glass jars.  My favorite jam right now is pear vanilla bean, sooo good with a slice of Brie.

I'd love for you to take a part in it next year!! It's always so much fun to see what everyone sends! Pear vanilla bean sound amazing!

bob alfredo said...

There Is Obviously a lot to know about this. I suppose you made Some Great points in the Feature also.

Ecommerce SEO Optimization

bob alfredo said...

A beautiful and high quality information.this paper is accurate to be useful. Thanks to the author.

Ready-Made Art Logo

bob alfredo said...

Great information you got here. I've been reading about this topic for one week now for my papers in school and thank God I found it here in your blog. I had a great time reading this.
Logo Design

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.