Share |

Slaw

slaw2
The first thing I think of when I have a head of cabbage in the house is coleslaw. I'm not a fan of cooked cabbage but serve it be me raw and I'm on board! Our household isn't a big mayo fan so we do a spicier route.
slaw3
Celery carrots, red peppers, cabbage, red onion, apple cider vinegar, italian dressing, red hot, celery seeds, honey... the amounts... not a clue since John is the maker of this badboy in our house :)

slaw

He's also the one who "styled" the photo since tastespotting keeps rejecting me for composition... John said if he did it they would accept it... will keep you updated :)

What's your favorite way to serve up some slaw?

Pin It

Your email will never be displayed publicly, so don't be scared to comment! :) Oh and make sure you type in your blog link so I can click over to you! There is a spot you can type it in.

6 chews:

Jeanne said...

really? Because the first thing I think when there is cabbage in the house is: "What is this cabbage doing here?"

HAHAHAHAH that's the best response ever! :)

Hannah said...

Your timing couldn't be better- I have almost a whole head of cabbage in the fridge, and no idea how to use it! Your slaw looks nice and refreshing.

So happy to inspire :)

Sweetsandals said...

I love about anything one can do with a cabbage from slaw to soups to stuffed, but yesterday we had broccoli slaw.  It's the only way I'll eat broccoli; I like the flavor but not the texture of the florets.  Won't John share his dressing recipe for this delectable-looking dish of yumminess? 

It's not that he wont share it, more that he doesn't measure anything! He just pours a little of this a little of that until it looks right to him :) I'll have to watch more carefully sometime to get better estimates of what he tossed in! :)

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.