Share |

PB Oatmeal Chocolate Chippers

These need a warning label... a label stating that you might just eat all the dough and not bake any of these... a warning that once you do manage to get some in the oven, when they come out they will disappear in mere minutes. These things are dangerous!!!
pboatcookies

I was daydreaming about snack time at work yesterday... oh come now I know you do it too. And somehow I got peanut butter oatmeal cookies into my head... and then my brain added in some chocolate chips for good measure... I started jotting down a rough layout for the recipe and knew I'd be making them as soon as I walked into the door... ok fine I did manage to make dinner first.. (shrimp, broccoli, onions, mushrooms, udon noodles, in a tahini and soy spicy sauce... sorry inhaled it, no pictures) but THEN I made these.

pboatcc2
Any guesses on what I have for snack time today?? Yup, not these, because they are already gone... maybe I should make some more tonight...


PB Oatmeal Chocolate Chippers
recipe by ::steph chows::
makes 18 cookies (need to revisit this to get the number up to 24)

In a medium bowl whisk together and set aside
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 cups old fashion oats
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt

In a large bowl beat together
1/3 cup smooth peanutbutter
2 tbs smart balance (or butter of choice)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup splenda (or use 1/3 cup white sugar)
then beat in 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry into wet, then add 3/4 cup chocolate chips

Using your hands (time to get dirty!) form into large balls and then smoosh flat onto a greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove and let cool.


Do baked goods disappear quickly around your house? Are you good and only let yourself eat a few at a time? Or do you eat them all in one big sitting?

Your email will never be displayed publicly, so don't be scared to comment! :) Oh and make sure you type in your blog link so I can click over to you! There is a spot you can type it in.

11 chews:

Jeanne said...

These look sooooo good! I want one now. Yes. For breakfast. Yum

These look ridiculously good.

Nothing wrong with cookies for breakfast!

They are ridiculously good! I think you'd love them for sure :)

Mags said...

Looks like we were both in the mood for oatmeal cookies. Yours look delish!

Tracy said...

Mmm, they sound delicious!!

Melinda said...

I made these this weekend, and they are absolutely delicious. I can't wait to try them substituting almond butter and perhaps some dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.  

I'm so glad you liked them and I bet they would be delicious with that combo!!! I made a batch of these this weekend too :)

Melinda said...

 I made them with the almond butter, white chocolate and cranberries and these were equally as delish!  Thanks for the great recipe.  Other combos await!

Sounds fabulous! Thanks so much for the update!!

Melinda Parkhurst said...

And now that the warm weather is here, these make the best ice cream sandwiches!  You and this recipe rock :o)

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.