Chocolate doughnut... muffins? With PB choco frosting

Bet that title got you drooling ehh? Side note, I've been saying ehh lately. I blame Jeanne. Cause she's Canadian and she writes it in her emails... which somehow has translated to me saying it. Maybe I just want to be Canadian or something? John goes nuts every time I let one slip LOL "why are you pretending to be Canadian?!?!" :D
Right... onto the doughnut muffins. I saw this on a blog and NEEDED to go home and make them. Only problem... I don't have a doughnut pan... so I tried making them as muffins, I increased the baking time... but they stuck like MAD to the pan... next time there will be liners. The tops had the perfect texture though, so I can see how making these shallower in a doughnut pan would be AMAZING. Either way, they tasted amazing, and I love her frosting, YUM! (as you can see above my muffin tops pulled off... so I put the frosting sandwich style under the tops, and then put a smear of coolwhip on top for flare.
She mentioned there not being enough batter to make 6... so I upped the nuts a bit and they filled 6 muffin tins to the top.

recipe by neverhomemaker

What you'll need . . .

1 cup rolled oats, processed into flour
1/2 cup cashews (processed with oats) (she used pecans and only 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup agave (she used maple syrup)
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt
1/2 cup skim milk (she used almond milk)
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg, (she used Ener-G egg replacer (plus required water) for one egg)

Method . . .

Preheat to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini bundt pan (or doughnut pan, if you have one).
Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Pour into five of the six bundts (I need to rework the recipe to make more -- trust me, it's so good, I'm making more today).
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until slightly firm. Let cool in pan and then turn over to pop out.

Just use a fork to mix everything together in a small bowl:
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 Tbs splenda (she used 1/3 cup powdered sugar)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 to 2 tablespoons almond milk

Your email will never be displayed publicly, so don't be scared to comment! :) Oh and make sure you type in your blog link so I can click over to you! There is a spot you can type it in.

3 chews:

Jeanne said...

I say "eh" a lot, eh? I had no idea. ... well, I didn't realize that I wrote it in my emails. Sorry! (wait. that's another very Canadian thing to say. :) )

I love that you cook the stuff YOU WANT.. i read the disclaimer at the bottom of your page and I think it's fantastic.  Keep making great recipes of foods you enjoy! The pictures look delicious too.

Thanks so much! :)

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.