Share |

One Minute Chocolate Cake

Chocolate cake... in a mug... in a minute. Need I say more? I know recipes like this have be circling the interwebs for years but I'm still posting about it because I love the idea. And this way in case you haven't heard about it, now you know!
mochacake
Mix together all the dry. Add in the milk and vanilla and stir until combined. Pour into a mug and microwave for 45 seconds to a minute. DONE. Scoop on your favorite ice cream and you are ready to go!

Have you made cake in a mug? What recipe did you use? Are you hooked? Links please :)

One-Minute Mocha Cake
recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie

Katie has asked that I don't post her recipe here, head on over to her blog to see it if you want to give it a try (link above). She uses 1 Tbs of oil in her version, I used 1 Tbs of apple sauce instead and I think it came out great with that sub.

Your email will never be displayed publicly, so don't be scared to comment! :) Oh and make sure you type in your blog link so I can click over to you! There is a spot you can type it in.

8 chews:

I tried making a mug cake similar to this last week and it turned out disasterously gross. This looks way more delicious. I guess it's time to give mug cakes a second shot.

Do it do it! It would be especially good since you don't keep sweets at home... now you can have a rather instant sweet without a whole pan to taunt you all day while you try not to eat them all :)

Bee said...

Every time I make this, it comes out terrible, and I have SUCH high hopes! But I think it has to do with the egg usage... and you don't appear to use an egg. Perhaps that's the trick!

I also find if you go on the slightly under baked side they taste better! I wouldn't' want to do that with an egg version though... ik! :) Hope you like this version! I'm thinking of mixing a big batch of the dry to keep on hand ready to go! You know... in case of emergencies ;)

Taylor @ greens & chocolate said...

One minute and I can have chocolate cake?!  This could be dangerous!!

Chocolatecoveredkatie said...

Hi Steph,
Just sent you an email. Let me know if you don't get it! :)

Reeni said...

I love mug cakes! Especially ones without oil!

Haley McAdams said...

I could really melt right now just by looking at that chocolate cake! I love to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Haley McAdams
Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.