Share |

Master Bakers April - Vanilla

So I've been having fun visiting other food bloggers and going along with different events. It's just an excuse to bake more!! love it :) Anyway I've found a fun one called Master Bakers. Go over and check it out! Aprils challenge was Vanilla!! Since coming home from the cute wedding I mentioned a few posts ago... I wanted to make some of the amazing walnuts from that salad I had. Lucky for me the hotel actually gave out the recipe for them!!!! NO WAY!!! Way to go Aurora Inn! So as my entry for the Master Baker April Challenge Vanilla spiced walnuts recipe unchanged from the Aurora Inn!


Vanilla spiced walnuts
1 lb. walnut halves
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbs veg oil
1 Tbs vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves

1. Mix sugar, oil and vanilla in a large bowl.
2. Blanch walnuts for 1 minute in bioling water and drain in a colander.
3. While still hot, toss with vanilla and sugar mixture, let set 10 minutes.
4. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes, on a parchment lined or oil sprayed pan.
5. Remove from oven and toss with spice mix immediately, cool.


My original plan was to use these in another baked good recipe but they taste so good on their own I didn't want to cover up the taste by adding it into something.. mmmmm I could eat these all day.


0 chews:

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.