Share |

The Dairy Godmother

DC was awesome!! Thanks everyone for the well wishes and all the welcome backs! You guys rock! Seriously reading through all the comments was so much fun, love it!! I totally missed reading all your blogs last week, I'm working on catching up on all the great chow and new events I want to participate in!

We went all over the place around VA and in DC. John and I walked all over the place. (which is good since John and I didn't work out at ALL while there... no joke the 6 day a week work out fiends didn't work out... CRAZY!)

My Dad dropped us off one day by the Jefferson monument and we proceeded to walk to FRD, WWI, WWII, white house (even though Obama wasn't home that day... I think he was avoiding me), Vietnam, Lincoln, Washington... I think a few others I'm forgetting... we also saw Arlington cemetery another day... the capitol, library of congress, union station... we got around! And of course we saw the declaration of independence at the archives... along with a bunch of Smithsonian's (julia child's kitchen to come in another entry!) Did you know there is a postal museum... yup went there too! We also went to a few art museums... two are connected by an underground walkway that has moving crazy trippy lights...


That's me and my mom... a bit blurry, but you can see all the crazy lights, they move in all different patterns... and make you dizzy, they have a little airport like moving walkway so you can just ride along and watch the lights... I think if I tried to walk and watch the lights I would have tipped over.



John and I are in an underground tunnel in the above picture... there was this cool waterfall that made you feel like you weren't underground, totally fun. sorry for the total blown out background... whooops! man I'm not coming up with too many great pictures am I... that's because all the good pics are on my dad's awesome new camera!! I'm so jealous of it, he got the brand spankin new canon SLR... it's seriously AMAZING!!!!

OK, I need to tell you about an adorable custard shop. First off this picture is horrible of me but it's the only one I have of said custard so please ignore me! LOL It's called the Dairy Godmother (how cute is that name??) And they have a web cam so you can see how long the line is... seriously! Fabulous idea if you ask me :) Every day is a different flavor and you can plan out your month depending on what flavors you want to try. I mean who doesn't plan their month around custard flavors??? :D It's in Alexandria VA and if you are in the area, totally check it out! But beware, there is almost ALWAYS a line :) (hence the web cam to check before you go!)

UPDATE: they also have a selections of sorbets that are nut and dairy free! So hooray for all the vegans, you aren't left out!

17 chews:

Anne said...

Looks like you had an awesome time! That custard place sounds fabulous. And I love the name!

Anonymous said...

Ha! A very cute name for a frozen custard shop. Now, someone needs to make vegan frozen custard, asap!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had such a fun time in DC! We need to go to Alexandria soon and check out the custard place, my daughter would love it!

Lo said...

I come by it honestly, I suppose... being a gal who hails from the dairy state (and the Custard Capital of the Known Universe)... but I think that Dairy Godmother rocks. Everyone needs one of those. (And I'll bet a good Dairy Godmother even does wonderful things for the lactose intolerant and vegan crowds! She is a godmother, after all!)

stephchows said...

I say lets all ban together and email them to make a vegan version of their tastiness! :) I bet it would be delicious too! I'm slowly realizing how many of you are from DC... I'm telling you next time I'm down... bit foodblogger lunch or dinner out!

dairy godmother...hee!

welcome back steph.

The Dairy Godmother also has makes sorbets that have no fat, no dairy, no eggs. Just fruit, herbs, sugar and water. So they are vegan friendly and delicious. Steph, Dad and I had a great time with you & John here with us.

stephchows said...

Oh that's right! I almost forgot about the sorbets! They are vegan and looked delicious :)

foodcreate said...

What a awesome time you had in DC
I need to check out the Custard place next time I am in DC.

Thanks for sharing your Wonderful trip....

Welcome! to http://foodcreate where you can summit your recipe,Ideas, join us :)

http://foodcreate.com

so pleased you had fun in DC you did a lot and walked l a lot, have left an award for you on my blog lol Rebecca

Unknown said...

You know...I was just talking to someone about this airport with the crazy tunnel and lights, and we couldn't remember which airport it was. Now I know! :)

Reeni said...

You did so much while you were there!! How fun! The Dairy Godmother is so cute! Glad your back!!

Anonymous said...

what? that's crzy that you went to all these cool places I didn't even know abt and I live in this area! man, that's sad!
5-star foodie and I are thinking about organizing a blogger meet-up sometime in July (and leave the bill to Foodbuzzer) actually, so if you're in the area at that time, that'll be great :-)

You guys looks like you had a marvelous time.

Emily said...

I can't tell you how much I love frozen custard. I am seriously jealous of you.

stephchows said...

Candy - this was actually between two art galleries on the mall, who knew there was one in an airport too!

burpandslurp- totally let me know when you'll be doing it! I'm planning lots of random last minute flight deal weekends to DC to see the family :)

Steph said...

The waterfall pic is sooo cool! I'm glad you had so much fun.

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.