Sage Dinner Rolls
So I just realized I never told you guys about these sage dinner rolls I made two weekends ago! SO TASTY! We used them with chicken sandwiches. I shreaded my chicked along with some BBQ sauce. John had his with some roasted red peppers, hummus, and feta. Mmmmm sandwiches mmmmmm. Don't tell anyone but I polished another two rolls off after said sandwich... I'm sorry I'm a carboholic for you!
The recipe comes from Sugarlaws... and she wasn't kidding when she says the dough is very sticky
Hence the heavy handed well floured counter!
The rolls were easy to toss together and totally delicious. I ate the reminder throughout the week. Taylor ham and egg sandwich anyone??
Sage Ciabatta Rolls
recipe found via sugarlaws
(I used 1.5 cups whole wheat and 1 cup APF... yum)
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of 100% whole wheat flour
1 cup plus 2 tbsp of hot water (110 degrees)
1 package of instant yeast (11 grams) (2 1/4 tsp)
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup fresh sage leaves ( I did 1 Tbs dried sage)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor, mix white flour, wheat flour, salt, sugar, sage and yeast.
3. Turn on faucet until water is as hot as it gets. Measure a cup of water and add water to the flour mixture and knead until blended. Add olive oil and knead for 2-3 minutes more, or until blended (the dough is very sticky at this stage).
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, coating all sides of dough. Cover bowl with saran wrap, and let rise somewhere warm for 20 minutes, or until dough has doubled in size.
5. Punch down dough. On a well-floured surface, pull off approximately 3/4 cup of dough and form into a rounded or oval roll shape. Coat roll dough with flour, and place on a greased cookie sheet.
6. Repeat with the remainder of the dough. There should be approximately 12 rolls total.
7. Cover all the rolls with saran wrap, and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes, or until doubled again.
8. Bake bread for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bottoms of loaves are golden.