Share |

Coconut Fudge

First off I want to say Happy Birthday to my now TEENAGER cousin Jessica!!! Welcome to being a teen girly!!

Now back to chow... since the last fudge recipe went over so well... I now bring you... more fudge!!


This time it's a coconut captain morgans fudge, you know it sounds good :) The sweetened coconut gave this a nice crisp to the otherwise creamy dreamy fudge. I saw the idea for coconut fudge over at Natalie's Killer Cuisine, but twisted it up a bit :) AKA lets add rum! Huh I just realized she put graham crackers in it too... I should have added those in since I had them laying around from the smore fudge!! Next time for sure :)



Captain Morgans coconut fudge
by steph chows

1 14 oz can fat free sweetened condensed milk
about 2 cups (12 onces) semi sweet chocolate chips
1 oz spiced rum (bring on the captain morgans)
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut

Pour condensed milk into a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once simmering add in the chocolate chips. Stir occasionally until chocolate is melted and creamy. Pour in rum and stir until incorporated. Remove from heat and stir in coconut. Pour into a wax paper lined 8x8 baking square and refrigerate until set (I normally leave it overnight). Once set remove from pan and cut into 1 inch squares.

21 chews:

Jennifer said...

Wow - riding with the Captain, interesting idea and sounds pretty good. Wondering what Malibu coconut rum or a nice shot of bourbon would do to it. Looks good!

Ohmigosh I LOVE coconut - this looks amazing.

I'm stockpiling all your fudge recipes for next Christmas. It's never to early to think ahead, is it?

Jennifer said...

YES I did read spiced Captin!! Now this is something I must make! Ive never have coconut in my fudge, let alone rum. Sounds so amazing!

Astra Libris said...

Ohhhh, I love rum in chocolate... Your fudge sounds PERFECT!!

Anonymous said...

A fudge with coconut flavor sounds wonderful! Love it!

Ang said...

I have some banana rum. I might try making this with it. Coconut and banana would make it kind of tropical!

Maria said...

That looks oh so sweet!

I'll never so no to more delicious fudge ... especially if its spiked! Looks so yummy, Steph!

That plate of fudge is sooo tempting! I bet it would be really good with the graham crackers too.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE coconut and these sounds INCREDIBLE...and easy! Glad hubby keeps on hand the Captain for times like these!

Sharon said...

Well blast and tarnation, I just discovered your blog and started my diet at the same time! I'm going to the store right now to purchase all the ingredients because I have to have that fudge NOW! Good thing the Captain is already hangin' around... ;)

tam said...

This makes me wish I could eat dairy! x

stephchows said...

jennifer- i think malibu sounds great!

jessica- thanks!

mags- too many good ones! you could make a half batch before next christmas if you want to :)

jennifer, astra, 5 star- thanks ladies!

ang- hmm banana, I bet it's good with it!

maria, dive- thanks!

Megan- I know I need to try it with the crackers next time :)

preventionrd- captain on hand... it was meant to be!

sharonP- haha sorry sharon! most of my recipes are healthy ones those so come back!

tam- for a vegan fudge recipe give this one a try! http://www.godairyfree.org/200912023914/News/Nutrition-Headlines/The-Best-Holiday-Fudge-Ever-and-It-Just-Happens-to-be-Vegan.html

Hannah said...

That fudge is just ridiculous- And I mean that in the best way possible, of course! ;)

Mmmm, rum. The Captain knows no wrong.

Mmmm, rum. The Captain knows no wrong.

Cannot wait to make!!! :)

Nichol Runft said...

This is the best fudge I've ever made! So good I'm back in the kitchen to try this recipe with espresso powder and Irish Cream. Yum!

Nichol Runft said...

1 oz irish cream, 2 ts espresso powder.

Awesome! So glad you liked it and thanks for your version!!!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.