Share |

2nd annual jam roundup!

Thank you everyone for joining this years jam exchange! Jams and jellies were made, sent, and devoured!! As for the stats, 34 participants hailing from the US, Canada, and the UK! I haven't heard back from everyone involved so if you aren't on the list comment to let us know what you sent or what you got! Thanks again for the huge success!!

The first person to sign up for the exchange was Val from Good Morning Sussigkeit so I had to pair myself with her! She sent me a cherry preserve (YUMMM) and a blueberry lemon grass infused jam (haven't opened it yet but I bet it's amazing!) I sent her some apricot jam, blueberry jam... and one other which I'm blanking on.. whoops!


Tanya sent out Rhubarb BBQ sauce, Pirate Peaches (those sound amazing), and Blueberry Syrup YUM!!!! Her partner Betty of Scrambled Hen Fruit sent her Blackberry Jam with Apple Pectin, Habanero Gold Jelly, and also some Spiced Apple Butter.


Lori of Finding Radiance sent rhubarb ginger jam and a pear cranberry jam! Her partner Dina of Known by Name sent her blueberry jam and a marion berry.



Beth from The Seventh Level of Bordom sent "Blackberry Shiraz, and one of my Mango HabaƱero. After making the Blueberry Lavender, I couldn’t resist including a jar of that as well"

to Cathy from The Bread Experience who sent her Cantaloupe Preserves with Cinnamon.



Anna of Blondies Cakes sent vanilla bourbon peach jam and watermelon jam.

Watermelon Jam

Vanilla Bourbon Peach Jam 2
She was partnered with Evan of Sweete Bakes who sent her Three Pepper Jam and Blackberry Blueberry Port jam!



Gift Jam

Mireya of Pearls & Such sent Strawberry Jam and Tayberry jam

to Leslie of Spilling Buckets who sent her Cinnamon Peach Jam, Spiced Blueberry Peach Jam, and a BONUS can of Salsa!


Steve sent Mulberry and cranberry jelly, ginger plum, and apple jelly! And according to Jeanne he also sent her some green fig preserves!
Jeanne of The Wrong Century sent him "Pear jam, peach jam, blueberry jam and cucumber sula. (Cucumber Sula is a family recipe that makes a relish. I don't love it, but the rest of my family does...)" AND she made him a nifty dish cloth!


Lindsay from uncanny sent Rosemary Apple Cider Jelly and a jar of Sour Cherry and Walnut Conserve. Avalee from The Wooden Spoon sent her Blueberry Thyme Jam and Bittersweet Marmelade.

Danielle from One Green Tomato sent homemade grape jelly and organic strawberry jam

Denise and Melissa LaCaille from Twin Tables sent her blueberry, strawberry and peach jam.

Brenna had this to say about what she sent and received "Drunken Fig jam recipe I found online, but altered just a tad. The second was a Strawberry Fig jam. The figs were grown in my garden. Figs like to ripen on my tree all at once, so each year I am bombarded with several pounds of figs, and not enough people to give them away to. This year I decided to can them, and the result is fabulous. My partner (Krystal of Special K Treatment) sent me some tomato ginger jam, which she recommends spreading on warm pita with baked brie. I've had it as a dressing on a muenster and portabella sandwich, which was very tasty indeed. "

Steph (aka my old roomie) sent apricot jam, cherry jelly and strawberry rhubarb to Christie of Sandwichhoss who sent her Peach Butter, a jar of my overly-vanilla-y apricot jam, and a jar of the hopelessly seedy peach-raspberry jam!

Joy of Joy's Misadventures sent Fig Jam and homemade nutella!!!

http://branappetit.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/img_1139.jpg

She sent them to Brandi of Bran Appetit who sent her two jars of blueberry jam, one made with sugar and one made with agave!

Mike from Food Muse sent apricot and blueberry jam. Beth sent him raspberry jam and a red pepper jelly!

Doug from Javaholic sent strawberry lemongrass jam.


Kimberly who is currently going through the craziness of starting law school (congrats!!) will be sending him some home made maple syrup!! YUM!

To the 6 others who joined in but I didn't hear back from, I hope you had a fabulous experience and a great time!

I've also had a request to make the exchange a little later in the season so more people have time to pick different fruit, sounds like a good idea to me, what do you all think for next year??

I've also had requests for a cookie exchange around the holidays (last years was great!)... anyone interested in doing another one this year??

22 chews:

Jeanne said...

Thanks so much for organizing! The jam I got is *amazing*! But they all look good!
And cookie exchange? Count. me. in.

Lisa said...

wow. these pictures look incredible! My grandmother makes the most amazing jam (which I'm sure includes copius amounts of sugar) and I hope that one day I'll have the space and patience to make my own as well. This is just simply amazing and beautiful!

I agree with Jeanne: I'd be in for a cookie exchange, too!

Ty'sMommy said...

I agree about making the exchange slightly later. In my area, by the time the fruit was coming on, I really had to rush to get my jams made. As for the cookie exchange, totally! I'd love to!

Jennifer said...

Such great creations!!!! I hate that I had to miss it this year, maybe next!

brandi said...

This was so much fun :) can't wait until next year!

Rachel said...

I'm totally doing this next year!

Lori said...

I had fun - I sent a picture to you of the jam I received, but it might have gone to spam.

Thanks for hosting!

stephchows said...

So glad everyone enjoyed this!! and to everyone who wants to join next year... YEAHHH!!!!

Lori- thanks for resending the images! I'll add them in now!

I had so much fun with this jam exchange. Can't wait to do it again next year. Thanks so much for organizing this, Steph!

Anna said...

I had a lot of fun making the jam and trying the jams I got. Yum! Thank you so much for putting this together. I would definitely be interested in a cookie exchange and I look forward to doing this again next year :D

Avalee said...

This was such a great activity to participate in! (Sorry I posted no photos :-() I'm definitely interested in next year's jam exchange and a cookie exchange during the holidays. Yum!

Dang, you guys have been jammin'!

Lots of great looking jams there.

Anonymous said...

I have to say - totally looking forward to doing this again. Lori - girlfriend - you're amazing! Fabulous jam! And Steph, I agree - later in the season would be helpful.

And heck yeah - sign me up for a cookie exchange!

I *finally* got around to posting on my blog about the fabulous jam we received. Kids having surgery, another kid injured (same day, no less), another kid off to college 3000 miles away... I need a vacation! :)

Steve2 in LA said...

The preserves (and LOVELY bonus gift) from Jeanne in Ottawa arrived right in the middle of my teching a new show so I was remiss in commenting. My apologies, Jeanne and Steph.

Everything looks fantastic and I'm VERY excited about the Cucumber Sula (a new experience). I plan on using it to make a vinaigrette and an accompaniment to some Asian barbecue.

While I rarely take part in a cookie exchange (I'm shipping-challenged) I'd be happy to be involved if "the mouse" isn't too crazy 'round the hollydaze.

Thanks for doing this, Steph. You d'(wo)man!

Looking at all of these jellies and jams is really putting me in the mood for making more! Thanks for hosting the exchange- it's fun to see what everyone made. It was definitely fun to get Tanya's package with her lovely assortment of Pirate Peaches, Blueberry Syrup and Barbecue Sauce.(Sent you a photo of these this afternoon!)

Evan @swEEts said...

I would absolutely be down for either! I had so much fun participating! a cookie exchange sounds delicious!

ps. I actually sent anna three pepper jam, not berry! :) still posted right now actually! ha

All of the jams look beyond good..I wish I would have had time to participate--maybe next time around!

Sunshine said...

Sorry, still no jam received on my end. No worries though. It had to travel a long way.

stephchows said...

Your welcome everyone! And THANK YOU for participating!! We couldn't have done this without you all!!

Sunshine let me know when you get it! I imagine shipping to/from the UK takes a long time, can't wait to hear what you got!!!

Danielle said...

I loved doing the jam exchange and can't wait for next year! The jam I received from my partner(s), Twin Tables, is awesome! I've just been so busy I haven't had the time to write a blog post about it...or get pictures! As for the cookie exchange, count me in!!!

Sunshine said...

Sorry, still no jam received on my end. No worries though. It had to travel a long way.

Evan @swEEts said...

I would absolutely be down for either! I had so much fun participating! a cookie exchange sounds delicious!

ps. I actually sent anna three pepper jam, not berry! :) still posted right now actually! ha

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.