Share |

Yellow stiletto cowl

Winter can be so grey, white, boring. Why not inject a bit of bright sunshine into the mix?
springcolorcowl3
I'm part of a knitting/crochet group that is constantly creating cowls, hats, gloves, socks, baby blankets... the list goes on... for all types of charities. Some go to newly relocated refugees. Some go to homeless shelters. Some go across the globe for charities like wool aid. I'm not sure where this cowl is going but I hope whoever receives it loves it as much as I do. I know it will keep them warm and snugly.
springcolorcowlSide
The pattern is worked in a large circle and comes together quickly with some nice thick yarn. The yellow contrasting yarn is a bit thinner but I love how it still POPS off the white! As for yardage I unfortunately don't know :( I was using different skeins of yarn donated to our group and none of them had labels on them. If I had to guess I think the white was a Bernart Roving - Rice Paper, and I used the entire skein. The yellow was probably a light (3) weight yarn, and I did not use a full skein. I'll be making this again and when I do I'll make sure to get a better estimate on yardage for you!
The pattern can be found here.

springcolorcowl2
springcolorCowl

Don't know how to make a shell pattern, it's really easy, just keep scrolling :) Click here to see it larger.

How to crochet a shell border

PS. I've picked winners for the giveaways and emailed you, so check your email to see if it was you who won!


Your email will never be displayed publicly, so don't be scared to comment! :) Oh and make sure you type in your blog link so I can click over to you! There is a spot you can type it in.

12 chews:

Jeanne said...

so cute!!!

The afghan on my couch has this stitch! I love the two-tone look. So cute.

Tracy said...

I just love the pop of yellow on this cowl! It makes me yearn for spring!

Casey said...

Because I can't knit or crochet to save my life, I'm always impressed by the skill of others who can. This is particularly adorable!

Thanks so much Casey! It's really not too bad to learn, I'm going to be teaching Tracy :) Too bad you don't live closer we'd have you come over too!

Jen said...

super cute!

amberaryssabrooke said...

This is wonderful! I've only ever managed a simple straight loop in crochet, and made many a scarf that way (and hope one day to make a blanket), but I've never attempted anything like this. It's gorgeous!

Aimee @ Simple Bites said...

Yep, chalk me up as impressed. Loving how this looks! We're still mid-winter here in Canada and I'm (grrrrr) feeling a cold coming on....how I wish I had a cowl like yours to keep me warm!

Amanda said...

that is super cute!

Any and Everywhere said...

So impressed by your skills. I bought yarn and needles last summer, fully ready to try something new. I haven't picked them up yet. So intimidated by the idea of learning how to knit! Have any suggestions for a good book or website with starter technique?

Thanks so much! I taught myself crochet using Stitch and Bitch: The Happy Hooker, and it was an amazing resource! They also wrote Stitch and Bitch: The knitters handbookStitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook>, which is the knitting guide version and I bet it would be great considering how awesome the crochet version was :)

FaveCrafts said...

Hi Steph,

What a cute project! I love it so much that I decided to feature it in our roundup of DIY cowl designs! Check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/cowl-patterns/

Have a great day!

Want more chow like what you just read? You can click to subscribe to the feed, follow me on twitter, or become a fan on facebook! Can't wait to see you there!
Copyright © 2012 :: steph chows ::.